Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 10:12 PM

Re: Covid19 & ibuprofen

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
It's also excellent at reducing the pain from Gout......
No idea as I cannot take Ibuprofen as previously posted. I do however use paracetamol for pseudo-gout which I get in my knee and big toe! That works as well as can be expected but pseudo-gout does just flare up without any reason, other than it being crystals within the joint. Cannot put pseudo-gout down to too much wine either as I am teetotal!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
No idea as I cannot take Ibuprofen as previously posted. I do however use paracetamol for pseudo-gout which I get in my knee and big toe! That works as well as can be expected but pseudo-gout does just flare up without any reason, other than it being crystals within the joint. Cannot put pseudo-gout down to too much wine either as I am teetotal!
Do you take statins Baz?
When the doctor prescribed Colchicine for my gout she told me not to take my statin. Which was okay because I refused to take a statin....
In fact, since my heart attack I only take an aspirin each day and a very low dose ramipril four days per week....
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 10:48 PM

Do you take statins Baz?
When the doctor prescribed Colchicine for my gout she told me not to take my statin. Which was okay because I refused to take a statin....
In fact, since my heart attack I only take an aspirin each day and a very low dose ramipril four days per week....
No, I refused to take statins any longer when the original hospital-issued prescription was changed to a cheaper one, that made me so ill I swore never again. Instead I used diet and exercise to lower my cholesterol levels. Daily I take 75mg Aspirin, 75mg Clopidogrel, 10mg Ramipril and 15mg Lansoprazole. This last one only recently as it gives protection against the side-effects of Aspirin and I've been on that and Clopidogrel for some years now.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
No, I refused to take statins any longer when the original hospital-issued prescription was changed to a cheaper one, that made me so ill I swore never again. Instead I used diet and exercise to lower my cholesterol levels. Daily I take 75mg Aspirin, 75mg Clopidogrel, 10mg Ramipril and 15mg Lansoprazole. This last one only recently as it gives protection against the side-effects of Aspirin and I've been on that and Clopidogrel for some years now.
Good man Baz....
I've lost count of the number of friends and relatives that have had problems with statins.
I just take a 2.5 Ramipril four times per week, I cut it down myself....
Never had any problems with the 75mg Aspirin though.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 11:25 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Thanks for that Susan and can I remind everyone that you are limited to buying just 2 packets of 16 paracetamol tablets/visit to a shop or pharmacy. This is because of their known use in suicide attempts.
Slightly off-topic. Apologies.

This limitation on purchases of paracetamol also applies to aspirin and other such 'pain killers'.
However, I think the situation is rather ineffective in practice.

If I was determined to top myself, and opted to use pain killers for that purpose, I'd buy a couple of packets at one outlet, another couple at another outlet, and so on. Not in the least bit difficult, especially when you can find several such places on the high street or in a shopping centre.

Still, I suppose they are obliged to make some sort of effort to dissuade people from suicide.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2020, 11:32 PM

Good man Baz....
I've lost count of the number of friends and relatives that have had problems with statins.
I just take a 2.5 Ramipril four times per week, I cut it down myself....
Never had any problems with the 75mg Aspirin though.

Hi Foxy & Baz, my GP took me off the child Aspirin some while back, he said they have now found out it doesn't do the job they thought it did! Charmin' aint it.

Anyhow, I just googled about Aspirin, and the NHS are now saying this:

https://www.nhs.uk/news/medication/a...-worried-well/
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

18-03-2020, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Hi Foxy & Baz, my GP took me off the child Aspirin some while back, he said they have now found out it doesn't do the job they thought it did! Charmin' aint it.

Anyhow, I just googled about Aspirin, and the NHS are now saying this:

https://www.nhs.uk/news/medication/a...-worried-well/
Thanks for that Mups, very interesting. I will be visiting my doctor soon to collect my blood test results and I'll have a word....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top