Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 12:22 PM

Good News Covid-19?

Saw this this morning and as it's something positive I thought I'd share it. We can only hope it's nearing the end of the danger spell and we can relax a little. Time will tell I guess.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/coron...ow/ar-BB11kQab
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 12:27 PM

Re: Good News Covid-19?

China had it first so it seems obvious that they will recover first, but they can't say it's gone til there are no cases for two or more weeks. I don't know what the period is for incubation.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 12:57 PM

Yesterday the UK CMO, said that a UK lab had come up with a possible vaccine. However, it will be at least 12 months before it would be available.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2020, 01:13 PM

Monday, 45 people recieved Vaccine injections as tests/trials for the Coronavirus.

With predictions coming from research centres around the world, that a vaccine will ready in Months not Years
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 02:19 PM

Nearing the end of it’s danger spell ? !! I don’t think so nor do I think anyone can relax ,even a little when we’ve been told we will see the disease spiking here in summer months . Sorry but I’m a realist.
marciniak
wales uk
marciniak is male  marciniak has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 06:40 PM

Recent results from research, suggest the mortality rate to be far less than thought.

China claims it will have a vaccine ready next month, unfortunately theres nothing substantial to back this up..... mind they said they would build a hospital in 6 days.
marciniak
wales uk

22-03-2020, 01:47 PM

What is the mortality rate of the new coronavirus?

It is probably about or a bit less than 1%. Much higher figures have been flying about, but the chief medical officer, Chris Whitty, is one of those who believes it will prove to be 1% or lower. The World Health Organization’s director general, Dr Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, talked of 3.4%, but his figure was calculated by dividing the number of deaths by the number of officially confirmed cases. We know there are many more mild cases that do not get to hospital and are not being counted, which would bring the mortality rate significantly down.

Deaths are highest in the elderly, with very low rates among younger people, although medical staff who treat patients and get exposed to a lot of virus are thought to be more at risk. But even among the over-80s, 90% will recover
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
Recent results from research, suggest the mortality rate to be far less than thought.

China claims it will have a vaccine ready next month, unfortunately theres nothing substantial to back this up..... mind they said they would build a hospital in 6 days.
I find any News that comes out of China now, to be taken with a large pinch of salt.
marciniak
wales uk

22-03-2020, 02:25 PM

I believe these figures come from the recent results, of months of research carried out in Italy

China now believe there could have been another 100-000 cases of the virus that were not recorded.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by marciniak ->
I believe these figures come from the recent results, of months of research carried out in Italy

China now believe there could have been another 100-000 cases of the virus that were not recorded.

IN my paper this morning it said China fears a second wave of infections starting as expats return home from Europe and the US.
All 41 newly fonfirmed cases came from students returning from abroad as Europe and the US shut campuses.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top