Join for free
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 02:37 PM

Re: Prescriptions

Thank you everyone for your replies.
The pharmacy have got the Thyroxine, they don't have the Doctors scrip to say I can have it. The Doctor for what ever reason hasn't signed it & sent it to the pharmacy who deliver it to me, yet they have my other medication scrips. No idea why.
Think I just have to wait & see if the pharmacy get through to the surgery for me.
I just wanted to know what would happen if I can't take Levothyroxine for a few days, if anyone knows that is?

Susan. I take Levothyroxine.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Thank you everyone for your replies.
The pharmacy have got the Thyroxine, they don't have the Doctors scrip to say I can have it. The Doctor for what ever reason hasn't signed it & sent it to the pharmacy who deliver it to me, yet they have my other medication scrips. No idea why.
Think I just have to wait & see if the pharmacy get through to the surgery for me.
I just wanted to know what would happen if I can't take Levothyroxine for a few days, if anyone knows that is?

Susan. I take Levothyroxine.
Daughter said eat lots of green vegetables.
You will get tired and low heart rate, she's on same.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 05:36 PM

I hope they get it sorted for you quickly Tiff.
As others have said, it sounds like an error by the doctor.

I had a text sent from my surgery today (4th text they've sent), and today's one was about repeat prescriptions.
This is part of what they said:

" Please do not order prescriptions until they are due.
We have had an increased amount of requests come through that we have had to reject due to them being ordered too early, and the influx of requests means we are unable to cope with the current demand".

Please don't think I am suggesting you ordered early by any means, just passing on what I know to others.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 05:41 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Daughter said eat lots of green vegetables.
You will get tired and low heart rate, she's on same.
Thank you TessA.
If you can find the veg that is.
Hopefully it'll only be a couple of days, I still can't believe the surgery sent Son's, two of mine,(which I haven't got anyway yet) & not the Thyroxene.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

20-03-2020, 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I hope they get it sorted for you quickly Tiff.
As others have said, it sounds like an error by the doctor.

I had a text sent from my surgery today (4th text they've sent), and today's one was about repeat prescriptions.
This is part of what they said:

" Please do not order prescriptions until they are due.
We have had an increased amount of requests come through that we have had to reject due to them being ordered too early, and the influx of requests means we are unable to cope with the current demand".

Please don't think I am suggesting you ordered early by any means, just passing on what I know to others.
Thank you, Mups.
Son put both his & mine in last week, Friday I think it was, which was to allow for the weekend. As I said, he has his. It was delivered Wednesday.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

20-03-2020, 06:21 PM

Result, all my meds have arrived, they were put through the door a few moments ago. Tried to ring the pharmacy to thank them, but they have closed.

A big thank you to all who posted with help for me.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 06:48 PM

Hi

The Government have stopped the export of certain medicines.

https://assets.publishing.service.go...ch.csv/preview
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-03-2020, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Result, all my meds have arrived, they were put through the door a few moments ago. Tried to ring the pharmacy to thank them, but they have closed.

A big thank you to all who posted with help for me.
Glad to hear that Tiff!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK

20-03-2020, 07:31 PM

No need to eat those veg now Tiff.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon

20-03-2020, 07:47 PM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
No need to eat those veg now Tiff.
All I've got is lettuce anyway.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top