Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 07:52 PM

Letters from the NHS for the most vulnerable thru letterboxes this week

Just announced that those considered most at risk people will be receiving letters from the NHS this week. They will be asked to adopt a 12 weeks isolation period .
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 08:22 PM

Re: Letters from the NHS for the most vulnerable thru letterboxes this week

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Just announced that those considered most at risk people will be receiving letters from the NHS this week. They will be asked to adopt a 12 weeks isolation period .
I'm very happy about this, a really good move. It's been my worst nightmare getting food and prescriptions - hopefully I will be on the list It will certainly take a huge weight off my mind.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 09:25 PM

I'm surprised there's not many posts on this so far .
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 09:28 PM

My son has a weakened immune system but not sure if he’ll get a letter, not sure what to do if he does, do we have to isolate?
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 09:34 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
My son has a weakened immune system but not sure if he’ll get a letter, not sure what to do if he does, do we have to isolate?
There’s a number to ring IF he gets a letter and you don’t understand anything which we’ve been told ought to arrive by Tuesday .
If you live with him you won’t have to isolate but he will .
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 09:47 PM

Have a presciton ever month for blood pressure my lovely daughter who is 49 the same

She Get one for six months cost 19 quid
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 09:53 PM

Hmmmm ... I wonder if I'm on their "most vulnerable" list, and what it means.
Zuleika
North West UK

22-03-2020, 09:56 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
Hmmmm ... I wonder if I'm on their "most vulnerable" list, and what it means.
dood here’s the list .

Who is considered extremely vulnerable?

According to the government information, people falling into the extremely vulnerable group include:

Solid organ transplant recipients
People with specific cancers:
people with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy or radical radiotherapy for lung cancer
people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma who are at any stage of treatment
people having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer
people having other targeted cancer treatments which can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors
people who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months, or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs
People with severe respiratory conditions including all cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and severe COPD.
People with rare diseases and inborn errors of metabolism that significantly increase the risk of infections (such as SCID, homozygous sickle cell).
People on immunosuppression therapies sufficient to significantly increase risk of infection.
Women who are pregnant with significant heart disease, congenital or acquired
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2020, 10:02 PM

people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma who are at any stage of treatment
That's me, so 12 weeks detention
Zuleika
North West UK

22-03-2020, 10:15 PM

So sorry to read that dood .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top