Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 06:27 AM

Re: Letters from the NHS for the most vulnerable thru letterboxes this week

I'm opening letters with gloves these days and not handling directly for a few days. It mat seem OTT but they still aren't sure how long it lives outside the body. The recent thinking is 24 hours on cardboard. So I hope people will wash their hands after opening.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 11:56 AM

Annie I think it’s been said the virus can’t live on paper . Would the NHS be acting responsibly if it did and they’re sending over a million letters out ?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
That's me, so 12 weeks detention
Probably the same for me. I'm in my seventies and I've had radiotherapy. Big problem for me is our big, handsome, hairy hound. He has to be walked.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 02:06 PM

Oh, what rotten luck, d00d. Stay safe mate. From what I've read on that list I won't be getting a letter.
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 02:10 PM

Reading that list it seems as though I will be exempt even though I am over ninety, Had a heart attack two years ago but have no after effects since. I do suffer from asthma but not severe so it looks as though I will be a 'not at risk' . But in spite of this I am self isolating and staying home.
Kazz
West Mids
Kazz is female  Kazz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Reading that list it seems as though I will be exempt even though I am over ninety, Had a heart attack two years ago but have no after effects since. I do suffer from asthma but not severe so it looks as though I will be a 'not at risk' . But in spite of this I am self isolating and staying home.
Very sensible too.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
dood here’s the list .

Who is considered extremely vulnerable?

According to the government information, people falling into the extremely vulnerable group include:

Solid organ transplant recipients
People with specific cancers:
people with cancer who are undergoing active chemotherapy or radical radiotherapy for lung cancer
people with cancers of the blood or bone marrow such as leukaemia, lymphoma or myeloma who are at any stage of treatment
people having immunotherapy or other continuing antibody treatments for cancer
people having other targeted cancer treatments which can affect the immune system, such as protein kinase inhibitors or PARP inhibitors
people who have had bone marrow or stem cell transplants in the last 6 months, or who are still taking immunosuppression drugs
People with severe respiratory conditions including all cystic fibrosis, severe asthma and severe COPD.
People with rare diseases and inborn errors of metabolism that significantly increase the risk of infections (such as SCID, homozygous sickle cell).
People on immunosuppression therapies sufficient to significantly increase risk of infection.
Women who are pregnant with significant heart disease, congenital or acquired
Not diabetics then.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
That's me, so 12 weeks detention
So sorry d00d, do hope you have someone who can get you things you need, groceries, medicines etc?
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-03-2020, 08:49 PM

Received my text this morning grounded for 12 weeks and observe the 3 step distance.
The text was more than likely from my GP surgery because I have cut off all contact with consultants and hospitals and nurses clinics.
There's nothing they can do and appointments are just a waste of my time and the NHS's.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top