Join for free
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 05:12 PM

Re: Thinking you have coronavirus...

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Ah, it seems to have first been found in the UK in January, then confirmed in February.
Pandemic declared in March.
I think it was here before January ,just no one who phoned their GP with the mild symptoms although the coughing was pretty bad was told any other that it was “just a virus, take paracetamol and cough medicine ” .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
No paranoia here Annie .
Why check your temperature if you don’t feel feverish ?
That had me thinking - the last time my temperature was checked was at a pre-op exam in 2003!
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Thanks Mups that must have been a worry for you but there is a throat bug doing the rounds too.

I am trying not to worry but doesn't your mind go haywire with this lockdown and all the information telling you what a lottery it is.

I've had acid reflux in the past which used to give me a chronic cough and I still get some irritation sometimes. So it is really hard to tell, is it just a bit of that or is it the real thing.

The symptoms when they come with the serious version are severe. Very painful headache, fever, rasping cough and breathlessness. In the account I heard. the headache was blinding in his case.
Annie , best not listen to scary stories .
If your only symptom is a sore throat and you havn’t a fever( you said) try to treat it as you would if you had never heard of this particular virus . Sending a virtual hug .
Zuleika
North West UK

25-03-2020, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I was poorly at Christmas too very similar to your daughter...makes you wonder doesn't it.
Originally Posted by susan m ->
About 12 days ago I started sneezing then the sore throat then after 3 days the throat cleared . Then wham a head cold hit me . 7 more days I isolated as family kept saying are you sure it's not etcetc . I knew it wasn't as I wasn't poorly enough. Its cleared now and I was lucky.

But I'd like to add that my daughter and some friends keep saying that they had Corona virus at Christmas. Daughter had dreadful cough and chest and temperature she isolated herself 3 days from the children in her bedroom and bathroom. She kept saying it felt like a hand was pushing on her chest and found breathing difficult. Did anyone else experience this around November December time . Very odd

Edited to add . The 3 days isolation was to protect the girls but it took 3 weeks to feel better and still her chest is delicate . Hubby got it but not as bad . The girls escaped it
Early November I developed ,like a lot of others, that cough and feeling strangely fatigued , no cold but noticed I lost my sense of smell and taste for two or three days , had shivering attacks kept feeling my forehead if I felt overheated I kept having to go back to bed but that wasn’t a problem ,I live alone . . The cough lasted all of five weeks . I did do deep breathing testing to check if I had any lung pain ( I almost died from double pneumonia when in my late twenties) but no I hadn’t .
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 06:35 PM

Annie , best not listen to scary stories .
If your only symptom is a sore throat and you havn’t a fever( you said) try to treat it as you would if you had never heard of this particular virus . Sending a virtual hug .
Thank you

I was checking my temperature because I felt hot and flushed last night. Not sure why but just felt unwell generally. I sometimes feel like this and when I check my temperature it's normal. Perhaps it's an age thing? But it is a right pain in the neck right now with this virus.

The tickly throat bothers me because for example today a royal mail delivery guy in a hurry barged in the front hall just after I'd opened the door to dump parcels on the floor inside. I was so annoyed as I have been asking them to leave things on the porch. So now I will be worried again if I feel like coughing etc as he sees so many people and we were only a metre apart before I jumped back in shock. Any new delivery men will be talked to through the window. So I will now be worrying about the contact for the next few days.

It doesn't help that I know someone who has had the severe version. I'm extremely careful with any parcels and wait a few days to touch the contents without gloves.
Zuleika
North West UK

25-03-2020, 08:42 PM

I had a package yesterday ,postie left it on a garden chair I have outside my front door calling out to me what he’d done( door was ajar )I left it outside several hours .
Today I had another this to be signed for but I saw him coming , he signed the gadget himself and we had a little chat . He was wearing gloves so I asked him if it was thought the virus could be on paper and he thought it possible ,just his own opinion .
Again I left the package on the chair for a few hours before donning disposable gloves and unpacking it .

I hope you don’t feel unwell too long Aniie . Now understand why you’re worrying . Keep us posted on this ?
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 08:54 PM

You certainly aren't alone Annie, don't feel so bad. It's natural to be worrying about something that is killing people and if you cough or have a temperature I think anyone might initially fear they have the virus.

If anyone coughs near me I'm thinking "get away" because coronavirus pops into my head immediately.

We can only do as we are told and isolate ourselves where possible.

At my work we have 3 blokes who work in the office next to ours and 2 of those blokes had a dreadful cough and was quite ill just before Christmas, the two who got it swear that the one who didn't is a carrier, who knows they may have had Coronavirus but I'm happy to say they both recovered.

Stay safe Annie, I understand your anxiety totally.
x
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
You certainly aren't alone Annie, don't feel so bad. It's natural to be worrying about something that is killing people and if you cough or have a temperature I think anyone might initially fear they have the virus.

If anyone coughs near me I'm thinking "get away" because coronavirus pops into my head immediately.

We can only do as we are told and isolate ourselves where possible.

At my work we have 3 blokes who work in the office next to ours and 2 of those blokes had a dreadful cough and was quite ill just before Christmas, the two who got it swear that the one who didn't is a carrier, who knows they may have had Coronavirus but I'm happy to say they both recovered.

Stay safe Annie, I understand your anxiety totally.
x
Thanks LQ, I know you understand.

We are all very grateful to people like you because you are no doubt keeping something essential going. Everyone around the country still going into work is a hero. I wish I had a magic wand and could make all this go away. It's like a bad dream. A repetitive one
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

25-03-2020, 11:18 PM

I had a package yesterday ,postie left it on a garden chair I have outside my front door calling out to me what he’d done( door was ajar )I left it outside several hours .
Today I had another this to be signed for but I saw him coming , he signed the gadget himself and we had a little chat . He was wearing gloves so I asked him if it was thought the virus could be on paper and he thought it possible ,just his own opinion .
Again I left the package on the chair for a few hours before donning disposable gloves and unpacking it .

I hope you don’t feel unwell too long Aniie . Now understand why you’re worrying . Keep us posted on this ?
Thanks Zuleika I feel better tonight but I don't know what's real at the moment. The mind can create symptoms and blow them out of proportion.

The latest data indicates cardboard is said to retain the virus for a possible maximum of 24 hours. However it weakens over time. Smoother materials retain the vitality of the virus longer (plastic, shiny surfaces etc). I dispose of cardboard packaging with rubber gloves and then leave the contents to stand for as many days as possible.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 11:38 PM

I suspect it is very likely that a number of people have had the virus, but only had mild symptoms. If they had it, they are now immune.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top