Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 10:57 PM

Do I cancel?

We’ve had a holiday to Devon booked since last September, all paid for, Mrs p says we should cancel now but I say wait a couple of weeks or so to see where we are with the virus, also, if we cancel will we get a refund, or deferred holiday?, or should we wait to see if they cancel it?
We have checked our home insurance and we are covered providing we booked before the 13 of March ( which we did)
Any ideas...?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 10:59 PM

Re: Do I cancel?

When are you supposed to be going Primus?
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 11:01 PM

I would call the place you intended to go to and ask what their policy is first. Did they send you their conditions of booking?

If it is a hotel or guest house they might even close down having no income, so I wouldn't wait if I were you.

the company we are going with have it in their terms of contract. So we either get full refund- offered alternatkve cruise of our choice for same amount, etc
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 11:17 PM

We are going early June and self catering in an apartment
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
We are going early June and self catering in an apartment
i would still check to see if it is ok. Long way from York to Devon only to find you can't use the apartment .
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2020, 11:30 PM

IMO the coronavirus is going to get one heck of a lot worse before it gets better. I agree with your wife. My suggestion is to cancel.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 12:20 AM

Bakerman ,they will lose all of their money if THEY cancel I think unless the proprietor offers them a later date given that the full amount has been paid .

Insurance policy small print needs to be looked at thoroughly.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 12:52 AM

If you want to be safe, Cancel. Stay where you are. The less you move around the safer you are. period.
Primus1
York

26-03-2020, 08:21 AM

Going to have to have a look at the details, I think I can cancel so many weeks before,to allow them to re let the apartment with no penalty, but in these times it’s difficult to know if that still applies
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2020, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Going to have to have a look at the details, I think I can cancel so many weeks before,to allow them to re let the apartment with no penalty, but in these times it’s difficult to know if that still applies
You should get a full refund as you have been told by the government not to travel, this is not going to be over by the time your holiday is due, plus even once we see a drop in the number of cases they won't lift travel restrictions for a long time. there's no way they'll risk letting one or two people start it all up again, go for the refund now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top