Join for free
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:15 PM

Re: Are you wearing a face mask and if so why?

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That is very true Mups but I think the gloves are to protect the cashiers, not the customers. they have now introduced hand cleaning and basket/trolley wipes and have are also limiting the amount iof people going in at any one time.

Yes I know dear, but what I meant was, if they wear the same set of gloves for any length of time, then they scratch their nose, mouth, eyes etc, they will still transfer any bacteria from contaminated gloves just the same.
Dirty gloves are no different to dirty hands.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:20 PM

I do not care what they say if I have to go to mingle with people I would wear one. It's a barrier and very sensible.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Woolworths has announced that they are going to put up perspex screens to protect their checkout staff from the virus.

I don't wear a mask and in fact don't have any though I might keep an eye out for some.

Many supermarkets here are doing the same.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:40 PM

There was a study I came across that just being close enough in a meeting could spread it just by breathing close to an infected person.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2020, 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
There was a study I came across that just being close enough in a meeting could spread it just by breathing close to an infected person.
Hence the 6 feet distancing.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

28-03-2020, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Hence the 6 feet distancing.
It's also down to being in enclosed spaces. You need a good breeze from an open window to disperse any shedding.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 09:54 AM

I went to my local co-op yesterday ...there is no way anyone could keep 6ft apart it's just too small....I have never been in and out of a shop so fast in my life ....one good thing about this situation...I'm saving money
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Funny you should say that ... at the queue at Asda I saw more than one person wipe their trolley handle with an anti-bacterial wipe.
I never thought of taking one so just held the handle with a tissue which I binned after leaving the shop.

I only saw one face mask. No one seems to be bothering with them.
I’ve always taken wipes with me in my bag to wipe the trolley handles .
I saw one woman shopper in a mask on my last visit to Sainsburys . Till staff were wearing gloves asking that we pay by card so they’re only touching goods not transferring anything to us?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Yes I know dear, but what I meant was, if they wear the same set of gloves for any length of time, then they scratch their nose, mouth, eyes etc, they will still transfer any bacteria from contaminated gloves just the same.
Dirty gloves are no different to dirty hands.
Ah yes, scratching one's nose is a 'no no'.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-03-2020, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by summer ->
I went to my local co-op yesterday ...there is no way anyone could keep 6ft apart it's just too small....I have never been in and out of a shop so fast in my life ....one good thing about this situation...I'm saving money
Even in Sainsbury's, if people kept to the 2mtr rule literally, no stock could be put on the shelves and we would be clambering over the butter.

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top