Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Tachyon
Internet Citizen :)
Tachyon is male  Tachyon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 06:52 PM

Re: Ignoring Coronavirus Advice

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
Tachyon what does keeping your eye on your mum mean precisely ?
Has she need of a carer for medical reasons for instance or she’s simply elderly ? Do you actually visit her home to check ?
No medical reasons but it's just she can't shop on her own. She can potter about with the dog as long as she uses her walker, but it's so cumbersome she can't lift it into the car. At her age though car trips are out for isolation reasons. Supermarket delivery slots are hard to get, so I bring things in every few days after she texts me a list. We chat or text on the phone each day, to save me going over if she's OK.

The other 3 ladies are effectively in the same boat but for differing reasons. They keep me on standby for emergencies, so to speak.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Neither of you need feel guilty - you are lovely, caring people - the sort the world needs more of just now! As long as you are taking proper precautions for yourselves and those for whom you are caring - carry on!
Thank you Tabby.
That's lovely of you to say. xx
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by Tachyon ->
No medical reasons but it's just she can't shop on her own. She can potter about with the dog as long as she uses her walker, but it's so cumbersome she can't lift it into the car. At her age though car trips are out for isolation reasons. Supermarket delivery slots are hard to get, so I bring things in every few days after she texts me a list. We chat or text on the phone each day, to save me going over if she's OK.

The other 3 ladies are effectively in the same boat but for differing reasons. They keep me on standby for emergencies, so to speak.
Very lucky they are too to have you
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Zuleika ->
LQ asking same question here as I did Tachyon ,just to clarify what needing a carer ,being a carer means to different people and their circumstances .
I tend to his every needs except personal toileting and bathing, I cook for him, make sure he eats a healthy diet as he is diabetic, I do all his cleaning, I take him shopping on a Saturday in normal times because I like him to have some indepence, I'm just there to support him but obviously right now I'm shopping for him. I give him his meds, take his blood sugars and blood pressure, assist him with changing the bed, take him to appointments and anywhere he needs to go, my dad is completely blind in one eye due to glaucoma and only has 20% sight left in his other eye.

My Dad wouldn't manage without me so I'm glad he has me, I always tell him just what I told my Mum before she died, when I was little they took care of me, now its my turn to care for him.

I adore my Dad we have a very strong bond.

I enjoy looking after him and keeping him safe and as well as can be expected. He has chronic kidney disease.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 01:10 PM

LQ you have my highest praise . When my mother was dying she told me I had been a good daughter . I know your mother would think the same of you if she was alive .

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top