Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 08:58 AM

Junk mail

A brochure for furniture shop, leaflet for a holiday home with reduced site fees for 2020, an offer for fibre broadband which is not yet available in our area.

Sofa rescue.

Some useful information about old sofa, this company offer to pick up your old sofa, recycle as much as possible and plant trees to off-set the carbon emissions.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 09:28 AM

Re: Junk mail

Fortunately because of the label I have on my mail slot, I don’t get much now. But the occasional bit does get through.
What with the current virus crisis, I wonder about anything that comes through my mail slot. Who or how many hands have been in contact with it?
Again we are supposed to be getting letters from the powers that be. Again what hands will be handling them.
At the moment anything I received gets handled with surgical gloves and wiped with wipes. Even when opened the pages get the same treatment.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 09:36 AM

Emjay, why not just open it, read it, bin it, then wash your hands?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 09:38 AM

It would be a dilemma, if someone posted ten £50.00 notes through the letterbox.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 10:07 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
It would be a dilemma, if someone posted ten £50.00 notes through the letterbox.
Some are not binable such as bank statements and Earnie wins.😁
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
In that case you file them for a while then shred them, that's what I do.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 04:07 PM

Originally Posted by Emjay ->
IF you can afford to, why not reinvest the winnings until you need the money?

As for junk mail, if it comes with a self-addressed envelope, it all gets sent back in that envelope with a polite note asking for our address to be removed from their mailing list.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-03-2020, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Emjay, why not just open it, read it, bin it, then wash your hands?
Or place the bin directly under the letter box.
sparky
cheshire
sparky is male  sparky has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
IF you can afford to, why not reinvest the winnings until you need the money?

As for junk mail, if it comes with a self-addressed envelope, it all gets sent back in that envelope with a polite note asking for our address to be removed from their mailing list.
Or, you could do what my mate did, he got so pissed off with a certain company sending him junk mail, despite asking them several times not too, that one day he snapped! He got a large envelope, A4, and filled it with all kinds of rubbish, crisp packets, sweet wrappers, fag ends, an empty fag packet, you get the idea. Finally he put in a covering letter, Dear *******, as you seem to enjoy sending me your rubbish, I thought I'd send you some of mine. Best Wishes, Paul.
He never heard from them again, he has a cracking approach to dealing with cold telephone callers too. lol
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2020, 10:37 AM

I really don't understand why people get so het up about it. It's not as though they've been violated as it came through the letter box (in the door that is!) unless -----

Just bin it - or think of some other unintended use it could be put to .

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top