Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 09:02 AM

Re: Jurassic Park - here we come!

Originally Posted by ben-varrey ->
I am aware that you are irrational about 'all' dogs but my question wasn't to the preceding post but about bringing back extinct species - didn't that go horribly wrong in Scotland when they reintroduced some kind of eagle to an area? (I think it was Scotland.)
There is a reason animals die out IMO bringing them back is quite cruel because they will just die out again unless we change our ways very drastically to allow them space and food etc. I have watched in slight horror where they bring in species like eagles and hawks etc as without human help they cannot survive and when they do bring them back it seems in far greater numbers than would naturally be in an area because they are being artificially fed and looked after.

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Ok... so I'm guessing a pic of dinosaur poop is crass... right?
Think that is spelled with a "p" not a double "s"
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by AudreyII ->
Ok... so I'm guessing a pic of dinosaur poop is crass... right?
Not really crass but it made me think of that stuff they cook on a spit to make kebabs with so that turned my stomach a bit ...
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK
ben-varrey is female  ben-varrey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 10:02 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->

Very good
ben-varrey
Chatterbox
UK

22-08-2013, 10:04 AM

There is a reason animals die out IMO bringing them back is quite cruel because they will just die out again unless we change our ways very drastically to allow them space and food etc. I have watched in slight horror where they bring in species like eagles and hawks etc as without human help they cannot survive and when they do bring them back it seems in far greater numbers than would naturally be in an area because they are being artificially fed and looked after.
I think it also adversely affected the animals already established in that area and caused them to go into decline as the eagles/hawks were picking them off; as you have said - if they died off naturally, it was for a reason.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 10:36 AM

MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 10:37 AM

Whoaa. Julie has a sense of humour after all - I think .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 11:17 AM

I think if you met me in real life that would not be in question, we spend most of our lives laughing here.
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-08-2013, 12:26 PM

Well I find that the older I get...the more interesting poop becomes.. It just goes with the territory..
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Yeah. I want something to eat all the dogs. That thing looks just like a dog - albeit an ugly one .
It is not a dog nor is it related to dogs/wolves. For a start it is a marsupial and it was the introduction of dogs that contributed to its demise.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2013, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
It is not a dog nor is it related to dogs/wolves. For a start it is a marsupial and it was the introduction of dogs that contributed to its demise.
Bit pointless bringing it back then isn't it? Won't last 5 mins with the number of doggies about now .

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top