Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 03:38 PM

Re: Brown bin charges voted in

Garden waste brown bins already cost £65 a year to empty around here and they have done for years . They are emptied every other week.

Not a problem, my soft stuff goes in the compost bin and I take my other garden waste to the tip 5 miles away getting there at 8am when it opens so I don't have to queue up.
I also take the waste for an elderly neighbour who doesn't have a car.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 03:44 PM

They won't take garden waste here you have to take it to the local tip or pay for large item removal, I think it's £40 for first item and £30 for each subsequent item. You book it and can have 3 removals per year any more than that you have to pay a lot more because they fine you plus the original charge.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
This is very short-sighted on the council's part. If our council did that it would all go in my black bin.
If you did that around here your bin would not be emptied.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 04:17 PM

We are charged £25 a year for brown bin (garden waste) collection here in my part of East Sussex
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 04:26 PM

£65 a year!! so you pay that as well as your council tax daylight robbery.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 04:28 PM

We are charged £35 annually here for brown bin waste...I really couldnt do without a brown bin so have to pay that.
Thats garden waste in the brown bin here.
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 05:03 PM

We have green bins for landfill, grey bins for recycle and a green bag for garden stuff, for which I pay £25 a year. They go every other week. There's a black box for glass which goes every 4 weeks. We don't do food waste yet. My black box blew away last year and I didn't want to pay for another, so take my glass to the local car park where they recycle glass
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 06:12 PM

We've always paid for garden waste collection. £48 for bin, which now appears to have halved in size, and large brown paper sacks are £26 for ten. (can't remember exact price but, thereabouts) they keep forgetting to take mine so I keep phoning. If the bags are out for a couple of days they break up if it's damp. It would be nice of they sold the compost they make at a cheap rate. I don't know where it ends up, in the parks I expect.
Marj
England
Marj is female  Marj has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
We have 3 bins and a box. Black bin for ordinary waste, blue bin for recyclables, grey bin for waste food and garden waste and a red box for paper. They take up a lot of room !
Wow pity folk with a small garden !!!

We have Black Bin for Land Fill
We have Green for recycle
Brown for Garden waste

We take all bottles and papers to the local supermarket where they have a corner set aside with big collection bins.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-09-2015, 06:36 PM

We have a black wheelie bin for general rubbish, a black box for paper and glass, a brown box for plastic, foil and cardboard .... and a small brown flip lid container for food waste. We take anything big to the local tip ourselves.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top