Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 09:28 AM

Dogs and Ryanaire

Don't get me wrong im a dog lover but do you think its right that dogs should be allowed on planes alongside passengers i don't. Its bad enough when you have awful noisey drunks on board let alone yappy dogs, just think of the complaints. But Ryanaire are thinking about allowing it. Your thoughts on this matter please.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 09:31 AM

Re: Dogs and Ryanaire

I am not keen on dogs on planes where they cannot be seen and looked after so this sounds like a good idea to me. Having said that I know mine will never go on a plane a Labrador with the over excited gene and a Chihuahua who hates buses would not be happy on a plane IMO.
Cass
NL
Cass is female  Cass has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 09:31 AM

If people pay for the space then ok...Id rather a dog than the fat smelly bloke that sat next to me last time I flew.

Some dogs do die when left in the hold so I can understand why people wouldnt trust it.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 09:48 AM

Be a bit difficult taking them for walkies !
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 09:56 AM

Just one point as you mention Ryanaire and presumably flying to Ireland. The dog has to have a dog passport as Ireland is part of the EEC which requires dogs to have rabies jabs and vet checks in and out of the country. This does not apply to Northern Ireland as it is part of the UK.

I can see any need to put a dog on a plane anyway unless a service type dog for the blind etc.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Be a bit difficult taking them for walkies !
Puppy pads ? we have toilet facilities for people on planes so why not dogs ?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Cass ->
Id rather a dog than the fat smelly bloke that sat next to me last time I flew.
Me too Cass, in fact I'd prefer to have my dog next to me than almost any human (Present company excepted of course )
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Just one point as you mention Ryanaire and presumably flying to Ireland. The dog has to have a dog passport as Ireland is part of the EEC which requires dogs to have rabies jabs and vet checks in and out of the country. This does not apply to Northern Ireland as it is part of the UK.
Technically correct, but actually there is a longstanding agreement which means that dogs travelling between UK and Irish Republic do NOT need dog passports or said jabs or vet checks.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Don't get me wrong im a dog lover but do you think its right that dogs should be allowed on planes alongside passengers i don't. Its bad enough when you have awful noisey drunks on board let alone yappy dogs, just think of the complaints. But Ryanaire are thinking about allowing it. Your thoughts on this matter please.
Depends on the dog and its likely behaviour. A well-behaved dog would be preferable to many human passengers...
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-10-2015, 03:49 PM

I'm totally against it.
It is thie thin end of a very big wedge, first dogs then cats and budgies then pot bellied pigs, goats, ponies, ..............

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top