Join for free
Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 11:52 AM

Re: Surgery for Sutcliffe

The psychology of the psychopath is fascinating.
I think it's weird brain wiring, resulting in a total lack of emotion, not necessarily the result of a savage childhood.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
The psychology of the psychopath is fascinating.
I think it's weird brain wiring, resulting in a total lack of emotion, not necessarily the result of a savage childhood.
They must have reasoning though to be able to fool a lot of people
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
They must have reasoning though to be able to fool a lot of people
Psychopaths like Sutcliffe are often extremely intelligent and 100% aware of what they are doing.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by MickB ->
Psychopaths like Sutcliffe are often extremely intelligent and 100% aware of what they are doing.

They say one out of every hundred people is a psychopath. You probably passed one on the street today. These are people who have no empathy, who are manipulative, deceitful, charming, seductive, and delusional.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...hic-not-always
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 03:36 PM

Thanks for the insight, Mick.

I need to think this out.

First, I shall try to forget that his name is Sutcliffe, and the terrible things he did.

He is a psychopathic killer, and that is a mental disorder. Probably incurable. That is why he shows no signs of remorse, and given the opportunity, he would probably carry on murdering.
Psychopaths are generally in the higher intelligence group, and therefore have greater persuasive abilities.

He needs to be kept locked up for the rest of his life, but within a compassionate environment. Short of giving him mind-numbing drugs to keep him in a constant stupor, he has to be accommodated in a mutually agreeable way.

One man. He has caused such anguish and trouble, and continues to do so. Think of the resources he is taking up, and how much care and attention will be needed for the rest of his life...

Perhaps it would have been more humane to have put him down?
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 09:13 AM

I think you could only find less than a hundred people who don't think he should have been put down. I have had to put down my poor cats when they were ill. Shame we couldn't think of him as a sick animal that he is.

I would point out that the recording of the Geordie
accent claiming to be the Ripper was a guy who lived
in Sunderland. His name was John Samuel Humble.
He was 22 when he sent that recording to the police in
Leeds. He did it for notoriety and he hated the police.

He got 6 years in 2006 when a DNA test of the envelope which he licked was tested and they found him.

His stupidity and in fact evil in my mind tape deflected
the overloaded police with something else to investigate.
That overload made Sutcliffe kill more women

That to me means he should have got more than 6 years

Page 7 of 7 « First < 5 6 7

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top