Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2015, 04:07 PM

Re: Golly Gosh!!

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Pathetic isn't it 100 British soldiers being sent to the Baltic region?
I read somewhere that the Russian Army is the largest employer in the world. The second largest is (allegedly) the UK NHS
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2015, 05:34 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
In other words, America wants to pick another fight with the Russians and the 100 British troops are mere pawns in that game to be sacrificed at will. I'm sure the families and friends of those British soldiers will be immensely pleased to hear this.
It's you who are laughing at the deployment of our troops, I'm not. I don't know you can use smilies for such a serious matter. I realise you perhaps laugh because you feel our efforts are pathetic but nonetheless, I feel they have a symbolic importance.

I can't agree our soldiers are pawns any more than the soldiers of our allies are and I sincerely hope they don't have to face the might of the Russian Army.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-10-2015, 06:17 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
I read somewhere that the Russian Army is the largest employer in the world. The second largest is (allegedly) the UK NHS
The health care of the population or readiness for war. It seems we don't have the money for both and it's a difficult choice to make. It looks like the health care won if the above is true. Was that the better choice?
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-10-2015, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
I'm not so sure, I think the Chinese military might be larger than the Russian Army.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top