Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 01:11 PM

Re: Girl, 4, raped and slashed with razor in horrific attack in New Delhi

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I don't understand the objection to this thread, because it is a discussion forum so surely anything, that isn't banned, can be discussed. !
Twink has anyone objected to the thread or said the topic can't be discussed on the contrary some of us have opened up the discussion instead of just saying 'how terrible this happens in India' .

It is all too easy to highlight things which happen in one country while ignore that which happens elsewhere.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Twink has anyone objected to the thread or said the topic can't be discussed on the contrary some of us have opened up the discussion instead of just saying 'how terrible this happens in India' .

It is all too easy to highlight things which happen in one country while ignore that which happens elsewhere.
I apologize if I misunderstood your comment. When you started by saying " Not sure what point this thread is making" I thought you were saying that, as the thread made no point, it was not worth discussing. Sorry!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 01:29 PM

We can only highlight such tragedies as we hear or read about Meg. There are very many atrocities committed in many countries that we don't read or hear about, I'm quite sure everyone is aware of that. However if we are made aware of even one horrendous act of this kind, wherever it be in the world, then there maybe someone out there determined enough to try and help this child. Even the Indian government might be shamed by the world and prompted to do something about it, who knows? Nobody can do anything about what goes on behind closed doors, not until it is too late, and just how many times have authorities been told about certain matters and simply not acted on information, for whatever reason, then it's too late, some child is dead. Highlighting any situation of this kind, no matter what country cannot possibly be wrong.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I apologize if I misunderstood your comment. When you started by saying " Not sure what point this thread is making" I thought you were saying that, as the thread made no point, it was not worth discussing. Sorry!
Thank you Twink apology gratefully accepted.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

12-10-2015, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
We can only highlight such tragedies as we hear or read about Meg. There are very many atrocities committed in many countries that we don't read or hear about, I'm quite sure everyone is aware of that. However if we are made aware of even one horrendous act of this kind, wherever it be in the world, then there maybe someone out there determined enough to try and help this child. Even the Indian government might be shamed by the world and prompted to do something about it, who knows? Nobody can do anything about what goes on behind closed doors, not until it is too late, and just how many times have authorities been told about certain matters and simply not acted on information, for whatever reason, then it's too late, some child is dead. Highlighting any situation of this kind, no matter what country cannot possibly be wrong.
I see Loretta had you said that in your opening post the point the thread was making would have been clearer to me.

As it was one could be forgiven for thinking the thread was about things which happen in India (and not necessarily anywhere else) and to have a go at 'do gooders'.

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
They can have a go at me all they like Doc, it won't change my mind. I think many of the so called "do gooders" haven't travelled or have only been to safe tourist places, they haven't seen the real truth of many things, I think if they had, or if such a thing happened to their child or grandchild they would soon be singing from a different hymn sheet.
I have seen for myself some of the horrors and some of the after effects
A rather sweeping generalisation there I think and you don't need to go to other countries to know about 'atrocities' many have happened and are still happen here. I could tell you things that are beyond your worst imaginings.

Thank goodness for 'do gooders' I would say among other things they help to bring about social change .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 02:43 PM

Have to agree with you again Meg.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 03:56 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I see Loretta had you said that in your opening post the point the thread was making would have been clearer to me.

As it was one could be forgiven for thinking the thread was about things which happen in India (and not necessarily anywhere else) and to have a go at 'do gooders'.

A rather sweeping generalisation there I think and you don't need to go to other countries to know about 'atrocities' many have happened and are still happen here. I could tell you things that are beyond your worst imaginings.

Thank goodness for 'do gooders' I would say among other things they help to bring about social change .
I too could tell of some of the absolutely dreadful and vile things I have seen and occasionally had to assist with. I am not decrying "do gooders" but quite often there are bad effects from people who think they are doing good without really knowing what they are doing and the results of that can be devastating.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top