Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Suzuki Sue
Chatterbox
West Yorkshire
Suzuki Sue is female  Suzuki Sue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 10:01 PM

Re: News is so depressing

I never watch the news because it's all s***e
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Hilarious
It's good to donate to posterity.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2015, 10:22 PM

Different news sources have different reasons for reporting the news the way they do. I suspect the main reason is profit. But I'm always amazed how different each news source can report on the same story. Best to take it with a pinch of salt because if the worst comes to the worst there's nothing we can do about it, I'm just glad that I'm at this end of my life and not just starting out. I had a job for life, saved up and managed to get the things we needed without owing money to anybody (except mortgage) and reared a beautiful, intelligent and thoughtful daughter (although I might be biased) but I refuse to sit back and be depressed by some news organisation brainwashing me into believing all is lost. I am thinking along the same lines as Suzuki Sue.....
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 02:08 AM

but surely the news reflects the real world doesn't it??
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 07:55 AM

What's depressing is that some people think that crude, offensive, slanderous videos such as the one in this thread are remotely entertaining.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 08:09 AM

Isn't it refreshing to hear the news as it should be instead of having to 'read between the lines' and distilling from the crap some reporters tell us.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
What's depressing is that some people think that crude, offensive, slanderous videos such as the one in this thread are remotely entertaining.
I haven't watched it yet, but lets let others have their views rather than attack them.
The next person to comment after it thought it hilarious.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 08:35 AM

Jem

quote "The end of job protection"

Obviously you don't know about T.U.P.E and employment laws. It is a direct result of these recent laws that zero contracts came about. All stemming from the EEC who never gave it serious consideration first.

Link

https://www.tssa.org.uk/en/Your-unio...egulations.cfm

Go though that lot then say about the end of job protection. It is now the case that employers need protection

Please get your facts right first
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 09:13 AM

Anyone been Tupeed over in a job knows it's not as safe as they say, it's not many weeks before they can changed everything and they generally do it so the person has to leave so I think employers have it their way pretty well also hardly any rights in first year of working for a company means many companies just keep rolling by sacking people by end of first year.

Having said that there is loads of good news out there just never gets reported.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Jem

quote "The end of job protection"

Obviously you don't know about T.U.P.E and employment laws. It is a direct result of these recent laws that zero contracts came about. All stemming from the EEC who never gave it serious consideration first.

Link

https://www.tssa.org.uk/en/Your-unio...egulations.cfm

Go though that lot then say about the end of job protection. It is now the case that employers need protection

Please get your facts right first

They already have - the implicit culture of way the laws are framed, the cost of taking matters to an Employment Tribunal, the culture and constitution of the Tribunal itself with the often implied 'nod and a wink' to the employer that they really aren't that bad. (I used to be a Tribunal member and have also represented many applicants at these and Employment Appeals hearings too).

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top