Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 03:46 PM

Re: Islam in the news for the right reasons.

Turning a good thread into another anti Muslim one great and so quickly too
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Turning a good thread into another anti Muslim one great and so quickly too
Have just posted on another thread (Imigrants including refugees) my thoughts and questions on this subject.
I'm not sure I can stand much more of it, frankly.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 04:45 PM

Then don't read it Ruthio ... or just accept it for what it is. People expressing a view on a forum, nothing more.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Then don't read it Ruthio ... or just accept it for what it is. People expressing a view on a forum, nothing more.
Exactly my point.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 04:55 PM

And I'd agree with you. That's the beauty of forums .. exchanging views. No one is right or wrong.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
It is however fair to say the spreading influence of Islam poses the biggest current threat to world security.
Not entirely sure about that, Morticia.
But even if it is true, many might see that they have been provoked beyond endurance.

Over the last few decades, the whole Middle East has been tyrannised and dominated by the West.

Would you like to be an innocent Iraqi shopkeeper as the American bombs rained down on Baghdad ?
Or a Palestinian any time since 1948 ?

Those are not Muslim nuclear ships intimidating all and sundry from the Mediterranean to the Gulf.

Drones are not too particular about "collateral damage".

I'd reckon the world has far more to fear from American aggression, perhaps a bit from Putin and, down the track, the rising militarism of the Chinese.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

12-10-2015, 05:36 PM

The West has interfered ... and made a mess into a sticking manure heap. That is true.

However, they seem to manage to engage in a helluva lot of fighting even without our help. Sunni and Shia aren't going to set aside their differences whether we are there or not.

Asking me whether I'd like to be an innocent Iraqi shopkeeper isn't a very good comparison. You might as well ask if I'd preferred Saddam Hussein to the void that was left after the Iraq Wars. Yay! The West brought democracy instead of brutal dictators ... but look at them now.
Or .. as a UK citizen do I mind when I see a public execution on the streets of Woolwich by an angry religious nut.

You are right about one thing.
There's currently 3 major flashpoints about the world.
ISIS & Syria.
Eastern Europe & Ukraine and that naughty Russian.
The South Sea & China ... and the US.

Any or all of them present a threat I never thought I'd see in my lifetime.
MickB
London UK
MickB is male  MickB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-10-2015, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
Not entirely sure about that, Morticia.
But even if it is true, many might see that they have been provoked beyond endurance.

Over the last few decades, the whole Middle East has been tyrannised and dominated by the West.

Would you like to be an innocent Iraqi shopkeeper as the American bombs rained down on Baghdad ?
Or a Palestinian any time since 1948 ?

Those are not Muslim nuclear ships intimidating all and sundry from the Mediterranean to the Gulf.

Drones are not too particular about "collateral damage".

I'd reckon the world has far more to fear from American aggression, perhaps a bit from Putin and, down the track, the rising militarism of the Chinese.
I despise UK policy which created Israel in 1948!
I was totally opposed to the wars in Iraq etc.

However - despite the evil and inhumane policies of The US and other western governments (including our own), I do not see anyone other than Islamic terrorists bombing and killing our own citizens on our own streets.

How do you suggest that we react to (for example) the murder of Lee Rigby? - Simply say, "Well we deserved it!"
How should we react to the 7/7 London bombings? - Simply say, "Yes I can see their point!"

When someone is under attack, unless they are a total pacifist (Quaker or Buddhist for example), they will try to fight back against their attackers.
Many perpetrators of terrible crimes have suffered from appalling cruelty and/or neglect in their childhood which has contributed greatly to their offending behaviour. Do our courts excuse their behaviour and say, "Yes he may have murdered and raped a dozen women, but with his background he really couldn't help it"? Of course we don't - we hunt them down and render them incapable of further offending.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 07:18 AM

anyone who attempts to attack and murder on the streets needs 'taking out' simple as that - no buts,maybes or wherefores - regardless of age; religion; or political persuasion
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2015, 09:03 AM

But surely we don't take out the entire family or race or religion that person belongs to, which is what people are doing to the Muslims, one bad act and the entire religion is attacked and blamed. As for having enough of it all as one member says how does she think the people on Iraq or Syria feel about the situation ? talk about no empathy for other people.

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top