Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2015, 09:54 PM

Re: Where will people live in the future?

Economic migrants are already here open borders with the EU in charge.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 08:02 AM

And where do they live?
Many in ultra crowded houses umpteen to a room .
This is ok as a means to an end ie saving up enough money to return to their homeland and buy a house
However it's not a way of life for British people who want to have a family and who are here for ever .
Homes are ridiculously expensive and rents are as high as mortgages .
It's hard for those young people out there
The stated should IMO build rent controlled accommodation to help people on their way .
However I can see this would be open to abuse .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2015, 08:48 AM

I agree although we have seen a slight change here recently with the Polish families that have arrived, no longer many single people to a house now they are here wth several children living in houses just like we do (which is a relief as the children need proper housing).

IMO at least half rental properties should be accessible to people on NMW as that end of the market is where we really need help.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2015, 12:34 PM

Where will people live in the future?

I am one of those older people that live in a bigger house than I need but to be honest there is not a lot around that interests me. I would love to move into a bungalow, I am not fussy I don't believe in memory's of the house just the certain contents that I could easily take with me.
Trouble is every time I look at what is available I never see anything in the market apart from overpriced bungalows. You see all these new homes going up but you never see new bungalows apart from around the seaside area's and they are so costly. Some years ago I moved away from London and now I would love to move back closer to my kids but you try finding a bungalow on the outskirts of London under £300000.
So my advice to any councillor would be if you want the older generation to move out of their homes build more ruddy bungalows and keep them at reasonable prices.

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top