Join for free
Page 4 of 28 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2016, 11:56 PM

Re: If you want to argue ....

Originally Posted by Mups ->
In answer to Meg in her post 26.

Although that is simple and sound advice normally Meg, unfortunately I think it's got too bad and prolonged now.
There are so many places where the same few are causing rifts and bad feeling. It is not just a passing remark, it drags on and on, getting nastier as it goes. This is what I find so tiresome.
I don't ever remember it being like this when I first joined.

Yes, there have always been small spats, that is inevitable, and most people can handle that easily enough, but this is different, things have changed the last few weeks, and that is my honest opinion.

There are some folks here I would really miss if I left, but others I'd be glad to be rid of to be frank.

Sorry Meg, but that's how I feel.
Mups it is always the same, whatever we do we won't please everyone.

If some people don't like each other they will always argue whatever we do,such is life .
We have tried enforced blocks, that doesn't work.
We can't just ban one lot of people because some don't like them.
We move arguments to the trash can and some complain about that.

Adults should have learned to have a little give and take and to avoid people with whom they can't get on.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Mups it is always the same, whatever we do we won't please everyone.

If some people don't like each other they will always argue whatever we do,such is life .
We have tried enforced blocks, that doesn't work.
We can't just ban one lot of people because some don't like them.
We move arguments to the trash can and some complain about that.

Adults should have learned to have a little give and take and to avoid people with whom they can't get on.

Yes, I realise that Meg, and I wouldn't want your job for all the tea in China.
If nice people get fed up and leave, I guess more will always join and replace them, and so life goes on.
Funny that it has only got really bad over the last few weeks though. There's got to be a reason for that.

Anyway, I'm off to bed. Nite nite.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 03:03 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Aysa ... sad to say
Look at the bouncing boobs thread.
Look at Malcolm's Scam thread.
Look at the one about what is about acceptable editing on photos.
and yes .. even me ... I forget the name of the thread but I posted on it today and have been bickering too.

In fact .. I reckon the words games must be the only safe threads.
Bickering? where?
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 06:06 AM

Forums are a place where topics are supposed to get discussed. If everyone starts agreeing with everyone else, there would eventually be boredom and members looking elsewhere for a good 'discussion'. A thread that runs page after page and is full of opinions must mean that people are interested enough to keep it going.

Many posts help to keep a forum alive. I know a few forums that wouldn't mind the activity going on that goes on here, whether the dialogue is thought to be bickering or not.

A discussion turns into a bicker/squabble mostly when someone can't see the other persons points of view and rather than discuss it further with points calmly made, gets cross instead. It's at this stage people join in with a thread condemning the bickering/squabbling, so adding to the bickering/squabbling. Any valid discussion in the thread gets lost and bad feeling sets in. People then get fed up and give up. Another day in a lively forum.

As regards the photo competition thread and deciding to stop entering it, I have to just point out this isn't flouncing. It's for what will hopefully be thought a more noble reason than that. I don't want to be thought of as a cheat, even in a 'fun' competition.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 06:37 AM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
I am waiting with bated breath, but this will not happen, you don't seem to realise who they are.
We know exactly who they are Purwell the 'chief stirrers' and those who cause arguments and if we did round them all up and put them in the trash can that would be half the site. Before you comment further on other people you might try reading through your own posts to assure yourself you are not one of them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

17-10-2016, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Forums are a place where topics are supposed to get discussed. If everyone starts agreeing with everyone else, there would eventually be boredom and members looking elsewhere for a good 'discussion'. A thread that runs page after page and is full of opinions must mean that people are interested enough to keep it going.

Many posts help to keep a forum alive. I know a few forums that wouldn't mind the activity going on that goes on here, whether the dialogue is thought to be bickering or not.

A discussion turns into a bicker/squabble mostly when someone can't see the other persons points of view and rather than discuss it further with points calmly made, gets cross instead. It's at this stage people join in with a thread condemning the bickering/squabbling, so adding to the bickering/squabbling. Any valid discussion in the thread gets lost and bad feeling sets in. People then get fed up and give up. Another day in a lively forum.
Quite so Mart
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
No one forces anyone to get involved with arguments, the answer is simple give your opinion and leave it at that.
If you don't like someone ignore them and don't respond to their posts at all.
Hear Hear ... wise words Meg
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 06:55 AM

.... I know a few forums that wouldn't mind the activity going on that goes on here,
whether the dialogue is thought to be bickering or not.

A discussion turns into a bicker/squabble mostly when someone can't see the other persons points of view and rather than discuss it further with points calmly made, gets cross instead.
It's at this stage people join in with a thread condemning the bickering/squabbling, so adding to the bickering/squabbling......
Dead bloody (sorry Arty) right, Mart !
And whilst some might grumble about it, the fact is that
those threads where there is a bit of friction are usually the ones which go on for pages and involve heaps of people.

Despite the grumbles, it is crystal clear that people like a bit of 'blood on the walls'.
Watch any TV talent-shows or so-called "reality TV".
If all were "peace and love", nobody would watch !

It is also fascinating that those who whine most about this are the ones least able to sustain a case without reverting to personal crap.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

17-10-2016, 06:59 AM

As regards the photo competition thread and deciding to stop entering it, I have to just point out this isn't flouncing. It's for what will hopefully be thought a more noble reason than that.I don't want to be thought of as a cheat, even in a 'fun' competition.
I can understand that Mart
To me a cheat is someone who does something knowing it is wrong and I don't think you would ever do that.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2016, 07:03 AM

Nowt wrong with an argument, it's when folks internet argue, for arguments sake, it gets a bit irksome.

Page 4 of 28 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top