Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2011, 07:12 PM

Sunday Roast?

Do you always have a traditional Sunday Roast for Lunch or Dinner?

Rainbow
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2011, 08:26 PM

Re: Sunday Roast?

Yes, we have a Sunday Roast here ...... today was roast beef, Yorkshire pud, roast parsnips, carrots, sprouts, broccoli and gravy.

I do tend to think that sometimes it is just out of habit though...
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2011, 08:45 PM

That sounds delicious Mags.

My family always had a traditional Sunday Roast. However, when I left home ..... the yorkshire pudding etc slipped off the plate so to speak!

Rainbow
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2011, 05:01 PM

Originally Posted by Rainbow ->
Do you always have a traditional Sunday Roast for Lunch or Dinner?

Rainbow
Absolutely!!! - Sunday isn't Sunday without my 'roast'
mazzie
Scotland
mazzie is female 

21-01-2011, 10:17 PM

We have traditional Sunday Roast but we don't always have it on a Sunday. Its delicious any day of the week.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2011, 10:58 PM

Yes dearest Rainbow, we do have it quite often, beef is not all that popular in Eastern Europe but we try to keep to the traditional English meals on Sunday when we are here
jj'sgirl
Kent UK
jj'sgirl is female  jj'sgirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2011, 10:40 PM

No we don't anymore....

When we were kids we had a roast whatever the weather even if mums purse was a little light she still managed to produce a very LARGE roast dinner
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2011, 07:41 AM

Originally Posted by jj'sgirl ->
No we don't anymore....

When we were kids we had a roast whatever the weather even if mums purse was a little light she still managed to produce a very LARGE roast dinner
A very good 'rule of thumb' which I also use and yes I too cook Sunday roast in the height of summer irrespective of the weather.
Caroann
UK
Caroann is female  Caroann has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2011, 12:03 PM

Yes we do have Sunday roast,the beef is in the oven now, the potatoes are ready to par boil,and the veggies,cabbage carrots and swede are cooked and ready to reheat when I am ready to dish up,gravy and Yorkshire puds will go in later.
Clemmy our Anatolian Shepherd dog is lying in the kitchen drooling at the smell of the beef cooking.....She also has a roast with us.... a portion of everything (other than the cabbage) mixed with her biscuit meal.
ClaireMarie
Ontario, Canada
ClaireMarie is female  ClaireMarie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2011, 05:37 PM

Well now you have gone and made me plan a roast for today! That means getting out of these PJ's and warming up the van and heading over to the grocery store to pick up the fixings . Looking forward to a great meal tonight.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top