Join for free
Page 166 of 276 « First < 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 216 266 > Last »
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 12:52 PM

Re: I've had my chest x-ray

The doctors are completely nonplussed. They've tried everything apart from a lumbar puncture (which is next).

Afterwards I'm to lie completely flat to avoid a nasty headache, Then that procedure is complete. They're keeping me in though as you can't send a patient with a fever home.

I really don't want to be here for Christmas, yet it's looking more likely. EDIT: I've to get a blood transfusion this afternoon as I look a little anaemic.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 02:11 PM

Oh Dreamy I am so sorry my lovely.
I have just got home.
I will look back later as I need some sleep.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh
Ffosse is male  Ffosse has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 05:59 PM

I've manged to avoid the lumbar puncture until tomorrow, sometimes I don't think doctors and staff listen enough to patients. I physically couldn't have handled the pain of a lumbar puncture today, not after my antibiotic infusion which wipes me out.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset
Sweetie pie is female  Sweetie pie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 06:49 PM

Oh at least that can wait Dreamy. X
I went to the Hard Rock cafe in NYC.
There was Bob Dylan's leather jacket on display. I thought of you. X
I will add the pic to my NYC thread. Or would you like it posted on this thread just for you?
wild blueberry
Toronto, Canada
wild blueberry is female  wild blueberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 07:46 PM

Richard, I feel very very bad that you are having such a hard time.

When you speak about the spinal needle, I am wondering if it is a spinal tap, you are speaking about. I have to get one also, and I am scared. I have a brain that has been leaking for 2 years and I have an MRI, nearly every month.

I have been very sick for the last year or so. Having so much illness, and also being a cancer survivor, I am taking severe panic attacks. Sometimes I wonder if I am going to make it or if my time is almost up. But I am a lot older than you, so I have lived my life and I feel I havent' missed anything.....

I know you didn't give me permission to pray for you, but I have to do it Richard. I wouldn't feel right unless I could say a prayer for you.....

If you don't want me to do it again, just tell me and I will stop. But hey Richard, it can't hurt......

I wish you all the best Richard, and consider you a friend of mine. Try to think positive, because you never know what can happen. They say the brain is a very powerful tool......

Blue XX

Edited to add:

Lumbar puncture

Lumbar puncture, also known as a spinal tap, is a medical procedure in which a needle is inserted into the spinal canal, most commonly to collect cerebrospinal fluid for diagnostic testing. The main reason for a lumbar puncture is to help diagnose diseases of the central nervous system, including the brain and spine.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

27-11-2018, 10:44 PM

Prayers can't hurt and nothing else sells to be doing any good lately. Just had a blood transfusion which went well.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

27-11-2018, 10:46 PM

It's just horrifying day by day to be hit by another pointless antibiotic, and the heart echo sound was pointless too.
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

27-11-2018, 11:23 PM

Still, I trust they have to check everything until the reach that 50 percent of infections nd th they can't treat. I winner what they'll do then? I can't function with high temperatures all the time.
Sweetie pie
Chatterbox
Dorset

27-11-2018, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
Prayers can't hurt and nothing else sells to be doing any good lately. Just had a blood transfusion which went well.
Originally Posted by Ffosse ->
It's just horrifying day by day to be hit by another pointless antibiotic, and the heart echo sound was pointless too.
Never lose your faith Dreamy.
I'm never really happy about lumber punctures tbh. Have you asked for a second opinion? You are entitled to one.
Have they ruled out the fact that it maybe a virus? Antibiotics will not work on a virus.
I feel that I have been with you on a long journey. I remember the first Cancer and all that has followed. Last Christmas you did some volunteer work. X
My prayers will never falter for you. X
Ffosse
Chatterbox
Edinburgh

28-11-2018, 09:41 AM

Thanks, Sweetie, for being there for me and also a big thanks to the other members of the thread.

I had my blood transfusion yesterday and feel quite a bit of energy from it. Today I must get my lumbar puncture which I'm not looking forward to.

Page 166 of 276 « First < 66 116 156 164 165 166 167 168 176 216 266 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top