Join for free
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 02:40 PM

Famous Lover/Wife Kills Lover/Husband Cases

Last week, I watched the Sally Challen documentary with interest and then, coincidentally, last night, watched a documentary on the shooting of William Woodward by his wife, Ann.

https://www.biography.com/crime-figure/ann-woodward

Ann Woodward was an American socialite and murder suspect. Born in Kansas, she pursued acting and modeling in New York, and in 1940 was voted "The Most Beautiful Girl in Radio." Later she married William Woodward Jr., a wealthy heir and prominent member of New York society circles. Claiming she mistook her husband for a burglar, she shot and killed him on October 30, 1955. Many suspected she murdered him though she was never charged.
I was then reminded of two other cases where women born into poverty escape into lives of fabulous wealth, only to shoot the men they love:

https://www.biography.com/musician/claudine-longet

Born on January 29, 1942 in Paris France, Claudine Longet went on to enjoy a singing career, recording several albums from 1967 to 1972. She wed crooner Andy Williams in 1961, with the couple going on to have three children. She also pursued acting, appearing on TV series like McHale’s Navy as well as variety specials and the 1968 Peter Sellers' film The Party. After splitting from Williams, Longet began a relationship with skiing pro Vladimir Sabich, relocating to Aspen. Sabich was found dead on March 21, 1976 after being shot, and Longet was charged with manslaughter. She was eventually found guilty of criminal negligence and served 30 days.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marguerite_Alibert

Marguerite Marie Alibert (9 December 1890 – 2 January 1971), also known as Maggie Meller, Marguerite Laurent, and Princess Fahmy, was a French socialite. She started her career as a courtesan in Paris and in 1917-18 she had an affair with the Prince of Wales (later Edward VIII). After her marriage to Egyptian aristocrat Ali Kamel Fahmy Bey, she was frequently called Princess by the media of the time. In 1923, she killed her husband at the Savoy Hotel in London. She was eventually acquitted of the murder charge after a trial at the Old Bailey.

Fascinating stories with similarities up to the present day .....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 04:27 PM

Re: Famous Lover/Wife Kills Lover/Husband Cases

I have only heard of the second couple.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-12-2019, 04:58 PM

Re: Famous Lover/Wife Kills Lover/Husband Cases

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have only heard of the second couple.
The one l remember the most is, OJ Simpson who killed his wife.
The thread was intended for female on male murder but I'm happy to extend the range, since, with the aid of a legal team including Robert Kardashian, Simpson, like the women that I've mentioned, was never convicted of murder .....

Unlike Oscar Pistorius, who, eventually, was .....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top