Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2009, 03:34 PM

Crime Novels Anyone?

I have always loved crime novels, ever since I was a child. My Dad used to love them as well, and when he brought them home from the library, I used to read them! (At that time, children under 12 could not borrow books from the adult section of our library).

Favourite authors include P.D. James, Peter Robinson, Ruth Rendell, Colin Dexter, Stephen Booth.

Many others as well, but cannot think of them off the top of my head - which is why I'm a member of the the "Over 50s Forum"

Any other crime novel lovers out there?
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2009, 05:01 PM

Re: Crime Novels Anyone?

I've only recently discovered Ian Rankine and Rebus - he's great
Michael Connelly is a very good US crime writer
Crime isn't my usual reading matter but I like a good one now and again.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2009, 05:34 PM

I like crime novels, probably started when reading my mums books, she belonged to a thriller book club probably back in the 50's or 60's and had loads of them, Mickey Spillane and all that. I remember reading A kiss before Dying which was made into a film.

A few years back I discovered Kathy Reichs, a forensic pathologist, I have read quite a few of her books.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2009, 05:36 PM

Love Mary Higgens Clark Nothing like a good murder to relax you I'm serious.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2009, 08:41 PM

All of the above ...except Spillane; love a good crime novel. Also Patricia Cornwell and both Kellermans, Jonathan and Faye. Ariana Franklin does an excellent series of medieval crime novels.

Anyone read Rendell's last Inspector Wexford, The Monster in the Box? Top notch.
Wanda
High Peak, Derbyshire, UK
Wanda is female  Wanda has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2009, 09:08 PM

Not read Monster in the Box yet, but have ordered it at the library.

Am just reading P D James - The Private Patient. Beautifully written, as usual.
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-11-2009, 09:49 PM

Rebus is a favourite here....
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 09:47 PM

John Grisham is good too.
Calismum
Scotland
Calismum is female  Calismum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-11-2009, 10:04 PM

All of the above. Enjoy most crime writers, forensics and thrillers come close 2nd and 3rd.
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-11-2009, 08:29 PM

My husband reads a lot of crime books he likes Rankin. Dexter, Rendell, PD James, he also likes John Francombes books too, I personally like Historical romances Catherine Cookson Josephine Cox and Audrey Howard is my favourite but I don't read as much now as I used to as I spend too much time on puter...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top