Join for free
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 09:52 AM

Fattest Man in Britain

Anyone else watch this. I nearly didn't watch because of the title but it was excellent. I thought it was going to be really bad and expected to turn it off but it was moving and well acted by Timothy Spall a lovely larger than life character and Bobby Ball. It is a true story and was well produced.

It is about a man who wanted to be the fattest man in Britain and a young pregnant woman who becomes his friend.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 10:02 AM

Re: Fattest Man in Britain

I recorded it after hearing TimothySpall on the radio last week
I hope I find time to watch it
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 03:15 PM

Being quite an obese person myself I didn't watch it as I thought it was going to make fun and ridicule obese people, but my friend watched it and she told me it was very good and wasn't what we all thought it was going to be like so I wished I had of seen it now. Apparently he lost his mother and he got very depressed and comfort ate (I think I've got that right).

I daresay it will be repeated.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Alicat ->
Being quite an obese person myself I didn't watch it as I thought it was going to make fun and ridicule obese people, but my friend watched it and she told me it was very good and wasn't what we all thought it was going to be like so I wished I had of seen it now. Apparently he lost his mother and he got very depressed and comfort ate (I think I've got that right).

I daresay it will be repeated.

Try this link

http://www.itv.com/ITVPlayer/default.html
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 04:47 PM

I nearly didn't watch it myself but I am so glad I did. Yes he lost his mother and went on to comfort eat. He felt it was important to be the fattest man in Britain because if he wasn't then he would be just another fat man sitting in a chair.

I am a big woman myself and was disgusted to see people in the street calling him names even shouting through his letter box. He had a heart of gold and was the sweetest man. Nobody should ever be judged by how much they weigh.
chinadoll
Wales
chinadoll is female  chinadoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 07:37 PM

I'll watch anything that Tim Spall is in. He's one of the finest actors in the UK. I watched The Fattest Man In Britian,what a marvellous portrayal of that kind human being. I especially liked the end when he hugged his "surrogate" daughter. I did'nt know this was based on a true story.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

21-12-2009, 09:11 PM

Absolutely, I keep watching Wind in the Willows my favourite kind of television. I think you will find that Birmingham Brian was the real McCoy. It said at the very beginning of the film that it was a true story. Fancy losing 30 stones that is dedication. Bless 'im
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-12-2009, 10:16 PM

Thanks for that link Galty
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2009, 11:14 AM

Very good.
Timothy Spall hasn't make a stinker yet, has he?
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool

24-12-2009, 11:38 AM

I believe that Timothy Spall is the kind of actor that I take for granted and it is only when they are not there anymore I realise what a talent they were.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top