Join for free
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 02:02 AM

Revolutionary Road

Just watched Revolutionary Road on DVD, if you haven't already seen it don't bother

It should have been called 'Desperation Road', two hours of grim tediousness .

Kate Winslet and Leonardo De Caprio play a married couple in what appears to be 1950s America, they try to break away from conventional domesticity and don't succeed.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 10:51 AM

Re: Revolutionary Road

When I saw your title I was interested to know what you made of it Meg; it didn't seem like a happy seasonal film. You should have stuck to It's A Wonderful Life!
I will watch it when it hits the TV but I know it's not a laugh a minute
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Kate Winslet and Leonardo De Caprio play a married couple in what appears to be 1950s America, they try to break away from conventional domesticity and don't succeed.
Thanks for the tip Meg - I don't watch DVD's - My film viewing these days seems to be mainly what TCM dishes up and from your description it'll likely never make that channel
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-12-2009, 01:39 PM

Originally Posted by dinahsmum ->
When I saw your title I was interested to know what you made of it Meg; it didn't seem like a happy seasonal film. You should have stuck to It's A Wonderful Life!
I will watch it when it hits the TV but I know it's not a laugh a minute
It was one of two films my son brought last time he came ( he belongs to a club), I thought as it 'was there' I would give it a try, then wished I hadn't bothered .
Ty_
New Member!
DFW, USA
Ty_ is male 

05-01-2010, 06:56 AM

I can definitely understand that people don't like this film. It's not really a film that you can sit down and just enjoy or be entertained by. It shows the stark brutal reality of an unhappy suburban couple. If you're looking for a film that is filled with superb performances, great cinematography and direction, then you should check it out. It's a really well made film all around.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2010, 04:55 PM

I want to see what all the fuss is about now

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top