Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-01-2010, 09:16 PM

Emmerdale

High drama tonight eh!? Talk about happy families!
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2010, 04:29 PM

Re: Emmerdale

I guess we don't have any Emmerdale watchers here. The big story line at present is one of bigamy, a now past potential risk of incest and a murder. It's a bit like 'Midsomer' in 'Midsomer Murders'. Not the sort of quiet restful place you'd want to move to.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2010, 04:32 PM

Sorry Mart, I'm afraid I don't watch Emmerdale
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

15-01-2010, 05:40 PM

It's a soap that seems to have dragged me in. It has come quite a long way from the mild lunchtime program it once was. A wife just shot her bigamist husband with a shotgun. A half brother and sister didn't know they were related and almost did the deed. Now they know and feel pretty sick. They don't know Dad has been shot yet.

If you fancy being depressed for half an hour, give it a look.
buzzie
USA
buzzie is female  buzzie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2010, 06:17 PM

Shoot, we don't get it here in the states. I haven't watched a soap in 40 years but I hear some have been on like forever. I know 'as the world turns' has been on about 60 yrs or more.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2010, 07:00 PM

Im an Emmerdale fan & have watched it for yonks! I'm looking forward to later on!!
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-01-2010, 08:21 PM

We stopped watching Emmerdale about a year ago. Hubby prefers The One Show.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 11:11 AM

I have the omnibus on now, some of it was a bit over the top I thought, but I watch the soaps too,
mart
Chatterbox
South of England

16-01-2010, 04:28 PM

I find that if I say I watch the soaps to my male friends, they think there must be something wrong with me . Well, I don't mind. You should see their faces when I tell them that, furthermore, I like 'The Sound of Music' .

The main story in Emmerdale is perhaps a bit strong at the moment but all soaps seem to have a theme that goes that way at times. I haven't watched EastEnders for years but when I have caught parts of it, there has been high drama going on. But still, I suppose if the story lines weren't more exaggerated than real life, we wouldn't find them very interesting.

Soaps have changed over the years. They might now contain violent themes shown in more detail than they once used to. Characters seem to be jumping in an out of bed with each other too. Actors are often shown getting to the underwear stage. All good drama I suppose but whatever happened to the television watershed? Maybe soaps should be on after 9-00 p.m in view of this.
Sweep
Kent UK
Sweep is female  Sweep has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2010, 11:05 AM

Oh my goodness....Ashley has finally realised Sally is Nuts! About time!

So was it Natasha who lilled Mark/Daniel?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top