Join for free
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 04:07 PM

Last Night and Today

On Sky Anytime I watched the film 'The Reader' with Kate Blanchett I think she was nominated for an award and I hope she got it as she was brilliant. The film was very good, well acted and directed. If you come across it do watch.

Today I am watching Ration Book Britain on Yesterday Channel it talks about rationing and I had no idea that people were only allowed 1 egg each week. They used dry eggs. The programme is really good and recipes from those bygone days are tried again. 10/10
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 04:33 PM

Re: Last Night and Today

Sounds interesting CC!

Good job eggs were rationed - you shouldn't eat too many of them
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 04:52 PM

No no Azz - eggs are off the hook now - see here

I've read The Reader and am looking forward to seeing the film. I'll catch it on 'anytime' sometime this week
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2010, 05:56 PM

I have been on the Atkins diet since October and have lost 12lbs. I eat lots of eggs, chicken and vegetables. I have even started to eat celery and cream cheese instead of carbs and I am enjoying the food. I am never hungry and don't eat anything processed so sugar and caffeine are not allowed. Sugar is the new enemy Azz eggs are friends now.

The film was good but then I don't know how you feel about books being turned into films.

The ration book programme was an eye opener, did you know that you could be fined for wasting food a woman found feeding the birds with bread was fined £10. Rationing didn't end until 1954 and even tea was rationed. We come from a very strong and courageous stock and we Brits should be quite proud of ourselves.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top