Join for free
Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 06:18 AM

Re: EU Referendum Result - Your Views

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
A time for calm discussion.
Though I'm sure Sinn Fein will immediately intensify their push for a united Ireland.

They already have!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iickNtK5Ivw
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 06:18 AM

I' m delighted......I didn't really expect it would happen. I'm so glad to be alive in these history making days.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 06:21 AM

The money markets are in turmoil as big business sees the gravy train coming to a halt for the UK .

It is going to be a bumpy ride until things calm down, I feel sure they will within days as the news sinks in .

Exciting times
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 06:33 AM

Hi

I am pleased with the result, however I do not share the confidence of others that things will calm down within days.

I think that we are in for a prolonged period of economic turmoil.

What we do have to do is to all work together to make this period as short as possible.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 06:33 AM

I really hope we can make this work now, nor just for ourselves but for other EU members who didn't have the courage to leave....they will all be waiting to see how things go here now. I know that Holland were very interested in what could happen here and I understand that a few countries may reconsider their position. If we do well here Britain will regain the respect we once had. I am sure that many companies in France and Germany will also be worrying because we were a huge part of their export trading.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 06:38 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
They already have!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iickNtK5Ivw
Unfortunately they(Sinn Fein)are still around, muddying the waters.
But that's another story.

I'll relish in the fact that we(UK)are/will be in control of our own destiny.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 06:39 AM

YIPEEEEE
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
I really hope we can make this work now, nor just for ourselves but for other EU members who didn't have the courage to leave....they will all be waiting to see how things go here now. I know that Holland were very interested in what could happen here and I understand that a few countries may reconsider their position. If we do well here Britain will regain the respect we once had. I am sure that many companies in France and Germany will also be worrying because we were a huge part of their export trading.
The up and coming French and Italian general elections will be interesting
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
The up and coming French and Italian general elections will be interesting
They certainly will. If I could see, in my lifetime, the Eu disintegrate I would be very happy. The initial trade agreement( Common Market) was a good idea but there were too many power seeking officials that changed it with the idea of becoming a country called Europe and all the member countries of the EU would have become states of that country. At least we can now hope that British lives can be run by By British people with British standards.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 07:03 AM

Now we see how our politicians can work or if they can. I'm not happy if Cameron or any inner does the negotiations it should be an outer or an impartial party. I'm not sure how long this will take but I bet if we stopped paying in they could get us out a bit quicker

Page 2 of 20 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top