Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 01:52 PM

Re: Well here's one way to P off the rest of Europe

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I disagree Azz.

They are well used to Nigel and his ways.

The one they are after is Boris.

He called them Nazis, that is something they will never forget.

As long as Boris is in the frame, they will not be very forgiving.

Boris told a whole pack of lies during his campaign, which he is now backing down from.

He is an opportunist, he didn't even join the Leave campaign until it suited him.
I think I am with you on this Swim but if we had a lie detector on all those who fought the referendum, from both sides, I think they all would have been proved liars.
All British politicians should have been representing their constituents ideas, not their personal beliefs, because they had the same ONE vote like the rest of us, yet their job is to do what they believe their constituents want and that was why they were voted in. I believe that if British politicians had used less fear tactics and understood their constituents concerns more, the vote could have easily gone the otherway. I, and many others, wanted to get out of the EU because don't like what if offers for the future, but I do think that, for many, it was a protest vote against our own politicians and their performance.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 01:54 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
I can see some bans taking place. Why are members so hostile to members who voted in. It's a blooming democracy.
Equally so why are members so hostile, abusive and hurtful to those of us who have voted 'OUT' ?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 01:54 PM

Much of the younger generation seem to have a totally different view of the EU .
I see what Mark and the majority of others here see in the video.

This morning I looked on the social media page of a younger family member and was shocked by the comments of the young who voted remain.
They seem to think they are so clever and have the monopoly on intelligence with there smart remarks
referring to leave voters as ‘the fag ends of society, racist scum,sun readers with half a brain’.

I am glad I voted to leave, not because I am racist or anti immigrant I would have voted to leave if there was not a single immigrant on our soil.

The video above hints at why I wanted to leave, the attitude of many in the European Parliment.

I voted to leave not for myself but for my grandchildren. I can see a steam train approaching down the tracks bringing further domination by Europe including paying our taxes directly to the EU, a European Army on our soil making decisions on our defense, a Westminster Parliament that is just a puppet of the EU with little or no power and I don’t want that for my grandchildren .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 01:55 PM

I don't see leavers calling names goldie, we have had days now of being called all sorts of things not just on forum radio and tv is full of it. Bad losers are making this quite a toxic time.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Much of the younger generation seem to have a totally different view of the EU .
I see what Mark and the majority of others here see.

This morning I looked on the social media page of a younger family member and was shocked by the comments of the young who voted remain.
They seem to think they are so clever and have the monopoly on intelligence with there smart remarks
referring to leave voters as ‘the fag ends of society, racist scum,sun readers with half a brain’.

I am glad I voted to leave, not because I am racist or anti immigrant I would have voted to leave if there was not a single immigrant on our soil.

The video above hints at why I wanted to leave, the attitude of many in the European Parliment.

I voted to leave not for myself but for my grandchildren. I can see a steam train approaching down the tracks bringing further domination by Europe including paying our taxes directly to the EU, a European Army on our soil making decisions on our defense, a Westminster Parliament that is just a puppet of the EU with little or no power and I don’t want that for my grandchildren .
They are scared Meg, it's quite embarrassing how they can't accept change I can only think we have seen change and they have never experienced it so are lashing out.

I say spare a thought for young who voted out they are too scared to admit it at least we have company and can talk about it without fear.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 01:58 PM

Quite agree with you Meg.
We are not European, never were and never will be, we are British, well most of are ... At least we who live south of Hadrian's wall are !
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 02:00 PM

Nigel Farage has finally achieved his aim after years of criticism, insults, and ridicule

Can you not have the good grace to allow him his moment of glory?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 02:03 PM

I must disagree Azz, that was a typical speech by Farage that, as usual, tells it like it is. Whilst I agree that he sometimes gets close to the bone, I struggle to disagree with much of what he says and even you must respect that at least he believes what he says, unlike many a politician I could name...
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK

28-06-2016, 02:04 PM

Originally Posted by zuludog ->
Nigel Farage has finally achieved his aim after years of criticism, insults, and ridicule

Can you not have the good grace to allow him his moment of glory?
I quite agree ZD
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2016, 02:05 PM

Due to my health problems im getting little sleep at the moment. So im tuned into Radio 4 most nights listening to many debates on the referendum with lots of views from the people of Europe.

Listening to some Euro ministers last night it was stated a few times that their is a sneaking admiration for Britain leaving, and that many also wanted the same as Britains idea of Europe,free trade,but more control of their own affairs. Despite the fear and hate brigade trying to, twist the result any way they can.

Its far from black and white.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top