Join for free
Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 05:33 PM

Re: BREXIT: The Facts Behind EU Propaganda

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
Hi Asia I found that a refreshing and very different article.

There is so much of the same rehash of one sided view of Brexit it was becoming boring to me personally

People tend not all, to be taken in or believe all that is written in the press. British newspapers.

I live in an E U country that tends not to be obsessed by the Brexit debate although I am British. It is happening and for most other countries they just want a smooth transition.

I also do not witness the ridicule by politicians, press and public that seems to me to be a tad obsessive in the UK.

My initial reaction or what I thought was initially everyone's first reaction was a smooth transition. So why still the obsession?

My views will not be popular as witnessed in the past.
Hi

A simple smooth transition would be the best for everyone Goldie.

I am also somewhat baffled by the continuing insults from all sides.

We voted, that is that, let us just leave as quickly, quietly and cheaply as possible and get on with life.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 06:17 PM

Hi Asia I found that a refreshing and very different article.
Goldilocks as someone who is pro remaining in the EU, which bit did you find the most refreshing.

I live in an E U country that tends not to be obsessed by the Brexit debate .
Why should they be they aren't leaving the EU...yet

Originally Posted by Goldilocks
It is happening and for most other countries they just want a smooth transition.
How do you know this , have you asked people in most of the other 27 countries That is not the impression I get from some of the politicians in Europe, it seems to be more of case of we will make it painful for you because you dare to leave.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That is not the impression I get from some of the politicians in Europe, it seems to be more of case of we will make it painful for you because you dare to leave.
Me too. The chances are that if they try that little number on it will backfire on them and the pain will be theirs.

I hope.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 06:52 PM

.... it seems to be more of case of
we will make it painful for you because you dare to leave.
One might ask
How do you know this,
have you asked people in most of the other 27 countries
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 06:56 PM

Hi

The problem is though that it is never the Politicians that suffer though is it?

They have their protected salaries, expenses, pensions etc etc,

It is always the ordinary people who suffer, never those who cause the problems.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Asia ->
I suppose everything is an opinion before it happens and until it happens it’s a conspiracy theory. Didn’t people know what would happen in Venezuela under Chavez? Didn’t those cheering for Mugabe in Zimbabwe realise what happens in communist dictatorships?
Asia I do not subscribe to 'conspiracy theories' and yes many of us are aware of what happened in Venezuela and Zimbabwe.

The Chinese Daily, Russian Pravda and the Eastern Europeans who lived through dictatorships, which is all communism ever was
of course as is any totalitarian regime be it 'right' or 'left'.

... are all warning you of cultural Marxism and progressivism. I didn’t leave because I had an opinion; I left because like many others, I already knew. The majority sat back and waited for things to get better, but they never did and they’re going to get a lot worse.
Not sure they are the best people to be warning us about anything if indeed we need warning.

I missed the austerity measures, the unemployment queues and the food banks and didn’t lose a house
I missed them too and I live here
If you don't have a lot to begin with and are content with very little these thing wouldn't really affect you.

Frankly, I’ve never watched ‘Come dancing’ and I’ve no idea when Kardashian last had her hair done. What I do know a little about are ideologies. It’s part of what I get paid to know. Where they come from, how they’re presented and who and what lies behind them.
I wouldn't know a Kardashian if I fell over one, I do watch 'Come Dancing' but that does not make me oblivious to world events on the contrary it is a welcome distraction to the chaos going on in the world some which can be firmly laid at the door of our politicians.

Do not underestimate the people in this country Asia, most of us are nobody's fools as the referendum to leave the EU proved.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

23-11-2016, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
One might ask
Fair point Pummy if you are trying to making a connection between the two statements.
However I could if I chose find dozens of examples to back up my saying...
'That is not the impression I get from some of the politicians in Europe' and only I can say what impression I get, it is subjective.
I doubt very much Goldilocks can do the same when she states It is happening and for most other countries they just want a smooth transition.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 07:26 PM

Asia I do not subscribe to 'conspiracy theories' and yes many of us are aware of what happened in Venezuela and Zimbabwe.

of course as is any totalitarian regime be it 'right' or 'left'.

Not sure they are the best people to be warning us about anything if indeed we need warning.

I missed them too and I live here
If you don't have a lot to begin with and are content with very little these thing wouldn't really affect you.

I wouldn't know a Kardashian if I fell over one, I do watch 'Come Dancing' but that does not make me oblivious to world events on the contrary it is a welcome distraction to the chaos going on in the world some which can be firmly laid at the door of our politicians.

Do not underestimate the people in this country Asia, most of us are nobody's fools as the referendum to leave the EU proved.
Well said Meg.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 07:34 PM

I wouldn't know a Kardashian if I fell over one
Nor me. The only thing I remember about a Kardashian is once hearing that one of them has a ridiculously enormous backside.

Before that, as far as I was aware, Kardashians were an alien race on Star Trek.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-11-2016, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

A simple smooth transition would be the best for everyone Goldie.

I am also somewhat baffled by the continuing insults from all sides.

We voted, that is that, let us just leave as quickly, quietly and cheaply as possible and get on with life.
I totally agree Swim with your comments.

I got the distinct impression at the start was that what most people wanted. The leave campaigners make every effort to comment with snide remarks or scurrilous news paper threads. Unproven or not

I won't be drawn into some comments and reply in yours.

Europe has recognised the UK do not want to be in. They have said ok. Bye bye . What's next on the agenda. Simple.

I actually think the exiteers are still blowing so called trumpets.

Get on with it then and let's have different news.

Page 3 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top