Join for free
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 01:37 PM

Pay to Stay

Hi

Interesting, some senior EU Figures are proposing that UK Citizens could pay an individual fee to stay in the EU,

This would give them working, travel and residency rights in the EU on an individual basis.

http://www.aol.co.uk/news/2016/11/25...it-under-new/?

I am all in favour of individual choice, so it is not an issue for me.

What do you think?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 01:48 PM

Re: Pay to Stay

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Interesting, some senior EU Figures are proposing that UK Citizens could pay an individual fee to stay in the EU,

This would give them working, travel and residency rights in the EU on an individual basis.

http://www.aol.co.uk/news/2016/11/25...it-under-new/?

I am all in favour of individual choice, so it is not an issue for me.

What do you think?
Gibbs I think it sounds like a slippery slope to get us to stay in the EU .

There are so many complexities to membership it would be difficult to separate things out for example EU laws. Say we adopt some and not others would some people say 'I have paid to remain in the EU so wish to apply this law' .

I won't be taking up any such offer if it were to be introduced thanks , out means out to me
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 02:06 PM

We coped for years and done very well before we ever entered the Common Market thanks to dick head Edward Heath so i for one would not take up the offer. Sooner we are out the better.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 03:27 PM

This for me, and what ive come to expect.

Brexit-backing Tory MP Andrew Bridgen warned that Brussels would attempt anything to prevent the UK leaving the the EU.

He told the newspaper: "It's an attempt to create two classes of UK citizen and to subvert the referendum vote.

"The truth is that Brussels will try every trick in the book to stop us leaving."
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
This for me, and what ive come to expect.

Brexit-backing Tory MP Andrew Bridgen warned that Brussels would attempt anything to prevent the UK leaving the the EU.

He told the newspaper: "It's an attempt to create two classes of UK citizen and to subvert the referendum vote.

"The truth is that Brussels will try every trick in the book to stop us leaving."
Hi

I do not see it like that Nom.

I am fed up with our Politicians telling us what we should do.

It is a Personal Choice, we have voted for out, and out we go.

People given the opportunity to stay in will in no way affect what will happen.

It would however give a clear message to the Political Elite that their time is finished.

It is all about personal choice and the will of the people.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 07:31 PM

No, it's not for me as Meg says, out means out so, come on, get on with it!!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
No, it's not for me as Meg says, out means out so, come on, get on with it!!
I second that , just wish TM would get her finger out and get on with it , For goodness sake , that is what was voted for .
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 08:32 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
I second that , just wish TM would get her finger out and get on with it , For goodness sake , that is what was voted for .
Do think and hoping TM does have her finger out.

Do not understand why we have to talk about anything before we envoke article 50.

The Country has spoken.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

27-11-2016, 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Do think and hoping TM does have her finger out.

Do not understand why we have to talk about anything before we envoke article 50.

The Country has spoken.
Hi

Some very simple reasons.

We do not even have the systems in place to collect the WTO Tariffs or even to export goods under that system.

That is entirely the problem of Cameron, who was so arrogant he thought he could win.

The second issue is simply down to Boris, who assumed that leaving the EU Customs Union was a doddle.

He has been caught out, we cannot deliver on his promises.

A month ago the Government awarded a Contract to deliver a Computer System to achieve that.

Around 250 Computer experts to deliver it. one of whom is a neighbour of mine.

The contract has been cancelled, simply because the hardware is not compatible with the software.

That is the utter stupidity of our Politicians.

We deserve better.

The Contact had a lock in clause, so all being payed by the Taxpayer for the next 6 Months, he was on £ 630 a day.

He is still getting that, but is now working from home for a German Company.

There is then the issue of Point of Origin Certificates.

Different parts of a car we export come from different Countries, in particular the electronics.

That means a whole bunch of new certificates, which industry is not set up to produce.

Exporting Foods to the EU or anywhere else?

Again, Certificates required when we leave.

I, along with others, have hereditary rights and a current Advanced HACCP certificate.

Our pensions were frozen courtesy of Cameron, so we are 20% down and made redundant.

They are currently offering us our jobs back, but at the rate that we got in 2010 with the same Pension Reduction.

They can get stuffed.

We will have the same increases as the Politicians and our Pensions restored
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2016, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->

Funny, isn't it? There are some EU politicians telling us that the sooner we're out the better, and insisting that we get on with it. Then there are others like this Belgian clown who are very obviously terrified that we want to leave and will, as you say, do anything to prevent us leaving. I wonder which side is the more prevalent, or perhaps they just can't make up their minds!

If there are some remainiacs who would like to pay to remain some sort of EU citizens, that's fine by me. As long as Britain is no longer subject to EU diktats and laws, I couldn't care less. I certainly wouldn't be paying for whatever advantages the remainiacs think they would obtain, though.

Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top