Join for free
Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 12:47 PM

Re: Gina Miller Poking her Nose in again !!

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
Brexit came about because the EU would not budge on any of the issues that needed resolve. Mrs Merkel thought she was playing a blinder, and using the EU 'control' measures to keep us in our place.
Unfortunately they wrongly judged (another one of their many mis-calculations ) the British public and are still trying to punish us for their own lack of judgement and compromise in the first instance.
Nothing to do with Tory policy. If the people had not been allowed to vote on Bexit , I think that would have been a very serious slap in the face for democracy.
Plenty voted leave to stick two fingers up at the tories and Cameron in particular.
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Plenty voted leave to stick two fingers up at the tories and Cameron in particular.
Come on now Annie, you know that is not true.. How many have admitted to such a thing ?

I still find it strange how all those who oppose Brexit seem to be able to voice their opinion and tell us how and why the individuals voted to leave the EU , with a few extras thrown in for good measure.

Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 01:25 PM

I still don't understand why Remainers voted to stay. It be apparent that they would live their lives on negatives, as there was absolutely nothing positive forthcoming from the Remain camp at the time of the referendum. Not one good reason why we should have stayed in the EU was put forward, not one.
I suggest that those who wanted to stay in the EU are frightened of change.. Those who wish to leave will take change and embrace it.
Isn't that what the true Brits are about ?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 01:30 PM

I still don't understand why Remainers voted to stay. It be apparent that they would live their lives on negatives, as there was absolutely nothing positive forthcoming from the Remain camp at the time of the referendum. Not one good reason why we should have stayed in the EU was put forward, not one.
I suggest that those who wanted to stay in the EU are frightened of change.. Those who wish to leave will take change and embrace it.
I said as much at the time the fear of change was clear in the young they knew no different I was surprised at the fear in the over 50s who should know we can do it alone.
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 03:30 PM

Well now I have heard the very best arrant nonsense about the reasons for wanting to leave the EU.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 04:17 PM

Come on now Annie, you know that is not true.. How many have admitted to such a thing ?

I still find it strange how all those who oppose Brexit seem to be able to voice their opinion and tell us how and why the individuals voted to leave the EU , with a few extras thrown in for good measure.

They have so.

All the stuff people complain about is not caused by the EU. We have full control of immigration, recharge of healthcare and welfare controls. We choose to not apply rules to manage all that. The stuff people blame on the EU is all down to the government.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

14-02-2018, 04:39 PM

I've already explained my point of view was based on the economic waste of leaving. We have had sustained growth and affluence. Cheap food and goods and established trading routes. You could retire to Spain or get a job in France with no restrictions. I see the change as a total waste of money. I don't see the benefits. We will still be stuck with the same government. Still wasting money is what our successive governments have been good at. If it ain't broke.....
Fogey
Shropshire
Fogey is male  Fogey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
They have so.

All the stuff people complain about is not caused by the EU. We have full control of immigration, recharge of healthcare and welfare controls. We choose to not apply rules to manage all that. The stuff people blame on the EU is all down to the government.
So Schengen is what, exactly

Control of Welfare? How is it we can't stop immigrants claiming for their children even though they are living out of this country? Answer: European law
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 04:49 PM

I'm not keen myself on sleepwalking into a federal state, a United States of Europe. If it costs money then I'm afraid if has to. The other idea is just treasonous to think about IMO
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-02-2018, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Fogey ->
So Schengen is what, exactly

Control of Welfare? How is it we can't stop immigrants claiming for their children even though they are living out of this country? Answer: European law
Hi

We are not in Schengen,

We allow more immigrants from outside the EU.

We can stop sending Child Benefits abroad, most EU Countries do not do this, we chose too.

Cameron could have just stopped it, instead he went and asked for permission, which established a precedent.

We give out Benefits like toffee to EU Immigrants, EU workers in other EU Countries find them far harder to get.

We could change our Benefits System to that of France, we choose not too.

Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 13 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top