Join for free
Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
zuludog
N E Lancashire
zuludog is male  zuludog has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 11:23 PM

Re: LibDems want to revoke Article 50.

I am reminded of this quote -

Politicians are not born, they are excreted

Marcus Tullius Cicero 106 to 43 BC
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 12:03 AM

Originally Posted by Rainmaker ->
My understanding of the latest Lib/dem proposal by Jo Swinton is, that if they win the election, they will rescind Article fifty without consulting the people (via a referendum which they have been so loudly been calling for previously), on the grounds that if people elected them they will have a mandate.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but when we voted in the last election and also the refeferedum didn't we give the Conservatives a mandate to take us out of the EU. Yet all parties and especially the Lib/Dems seem to deny this. I would seem that the Lib/Dems have double standards, or do the have none whatsoever.
Even if they did hold a referendum and Leave won again, Swinson says that she would ignore the result and still campaign to remain in the EU. How's that for democracy?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 05:41 AM

Hi

Why all the fuss?

They have shot themselves in the foot big time.

Just another bunch of we know better than you elitists.

They have completely misjudged the mood of ordinary voters, who are fed up with the elitists

They have no chance at all of getting into power.
Rainmaker
North Midlands UK
Rainmaker is male  Rainmaker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Apparently they didn't know what to do with that mandate. At least, after three years that conclusion seems justified. Acting on people's wishes doesn't sit well with conservatives. So they started to fight amongst themselves. They're quite good at that.
As are all the other parties, both Labour and to a certain extent the Lib/Dems. All the parties are split on this issue and it's not difficult to see why. When the British people have their say in the referendum the liberal elite or should I say the illiberal elite didn't like the result.They have spent three years trying to obstruct a decision made by the British people in 2016 at the request of the then Prime Minister David Cameron. Instead of preparing for a proper Brexit. Aided by the EU they have been obstructive in every conceivable way they can think of, whilst at the same time pretending they know best what is good for us.

At least majority of the Conservatives including those who voted remain but with the exception of the small group who were expelled from the party, are trying to uphold the Democratic vote and want to get the thing done. So far as I'm aware none of them are advocating that they rescind article 50 and then deny the majority who voted to leave the ability to have a say on it. Watching Joe Swinson attempting to justify this on TV was a hilarious interlude of irony and contradictions.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
People really are still failing to see what is happening here. They haven't read the Lisbon Treaty, they still believe the lie and illusion that is Westminster and our political parties. They were abolished in 2009.
Everything that remains is just a pantomime to appease the masses until they are ready to finally declare that Westminster is now redundant.
I don't doubt it. If we should fail to escape from the European Empire, due mainly to the traitors in our midst, I'm sure that it is inevitable that we shall no longer need our own parliament. All decisions will be made in Brussels for their own benefit.

All that will remain in this country will be 'show parliaments' like the Scottish and Welsh things which have very little power of consequence.

What I don't understand is why our MPs seem happy to lose any power and influence they presently possess.

Perhaps they don't really mind because they are inept anyway and passing the buck to foreigners will make their lives easier.

Presumably, they will still be allowed to be an unnecessary burden on the taxpayer without being given any responsibility, a bit like the House of Lards is at present.

I think, though, that the time will come when the dictators in Brussels will realise that they are wasting their money paying for 'show representatives' in this country who serve absolutely no real function. I suppose our MPs can't foresee such a thing, though.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Lib Dems are the party for people with broken principles.
Limp Dems is the party for naive snowflakes who have their trendy agendas, but no real understanding of the world around them!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Why all the fuss?

They have shot themselves in the foot big time.

Just another bunch of we know better than you elitists.

They have completely misjudged the mood of ordinary voters, who are fed up with the elitists

They have no chance at all of getting into power.
The voters are being sidelined Swimmy!
We will have NO say!
If we do get a say it will be ignored again!

Regards Donkeyman!
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Limp Dems is the party for naive snowflakes who have their trendy agendas, but no real understanding of the world around them!

Just listened to Chukka speaking at the lib dem conference.

The hypocritical nonesense is eye watering.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
The voters are being sidelined Swimmy!
We will have NO say!
If we do get a say it will be ignored again!

Regards Donkeyman!
Hi

We elect Parliament.

The Lib Dems will not be elected after this, end of.

I am far more worried about Corbyn.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-09-2019, 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

We elect Parliament.

The Lib Dems will not be elected after this, end of.

I am far more worried about Corbyn.
I agree Swimmy.

I think the unLib unDems have also ruled themselves out of any coalition as well.

Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top