Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 09:14 AM

Re: Malaysia Smog!!

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I can only repeat that comprehension is not your strong point if you think I was defending Australia.
So me and you are on the same side Brucy??
I would never have known it by the way you address your
replies to my posts?
However its good to see we are in agreement on this issue
after all!
Regards Donkeyman!
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
So me and you are on the same side Brucy??
I would never have known it by the way you address your
replies to my posts?
However its good to see we are in agreement on this issue
after all!
Regards Donkeyman!
Oh Assman, that little glimmer of comprehension has finally flared up. I don't want to confuse or burden you with subtleties but perhaps you actually read what I wrote or even watched the video of our climate sceptic PM with his lump of coal and that caused the penny to drop.

Anyway what ever the reason well done for finally catching up, keep up the good work.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 05:09 PM

Oh Assman, that little glimmer of comprehension has finally flared up. I don't want to confuse or burden you with subtleties but perhaps you actually read what I wrote or even watched the video of our climate sceptic PM with his lump of coal and that caused the penny to drop.

Anyway what ever the reason well done for finally catching up, keep up the good work.
No l did not look at the video Brucy, but l doubt it would
have given me any clues due to the tenor of your replies?
Anyway thanks for your patience? perhaps you can continue
in the same vein!
Regards Assman!
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2020, 04:49 PM

Vested interest applies. I used to work for a division of the Malaysian Government's Ministry for Prime Industries based in Hertford, UK and I used to travel quite frequently to Malaysia to work with the local rubber industry.

The haze mentioned in the 1st post has been around for at least 20yrs and is mainly the result of deforestation/burning/land clearance on the island of Sumatra in preparation for planting oil palms.

The effect of the haze in Kuala Lumpur is roughly the equivalent of smoking around 30 fags a day if you don't smoke already. It's not pleasant but does clear once the afternoon rains have finished (around 7-8pm).
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

01-01-2020, 06:08 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Vested interest applies. I used to work for a division of the Malaysian Government's Ministry for Prime Industries based in Hertford, UK and I used to travel quite frequently to Malaysia to work with the local rubber industry.

The haze mentioned in the 1st post has been around for at least 20yrs and is mainly the result of deforestation/burning/land clearance on the island of Sumatra in preparation for planting oil palms.

The effect of the haze in Kuala Lumpur is roughly the equivalent of smoking around 30 fags a day if you don't smoke already. It's not pleasant but does clear once the afternoon rains have finished (around 7-8pm).
Very interesting Percy! Although l have not visited the region l know
that the haze is mainly caused by derorestation and farming which
is driven by oil demand?
However it seems that current events have superceded the subject
of this thread and Sydney is now one of the most polluted cities in
the southern hemisphere?
Regards Donkeyman!
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2020, 06:54 PM

Assman, unfortunately you are thinking with a tiny European mind.

Malaysia stretches from the equivalent of the UK to Ukraine, Thailand from UK to North Africa, Indonesia from the UK to north of Afghanistan.

Some areas such as cites are polluted while others are not - people don't go to Bali or Sarawak for the pollution. This haze is seasonal and fairly local - Australian bush fire smoke can stretch further.
They do get polluted at times .
There are have been fires in Malaysia that have polluted the whole region .
Sarawak has seen its fair share of smog too .
Erupting volcanos in Indonesia and the Philippines have covered the area in ash .
They are all pretty close together so will get the fall out from any regional weather conditions .
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2020, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->

Alas there is deforestation all over for these wretched palms.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

01-01-2020, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Alas there is deforestation all over for these wretched palms.
Palms, avocados, mealies, cows, sheep, you name it, we do it!

Regards Donkeyman!

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top