Join for free
Page 19 of 50 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 > Last »
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 12:48 PM

Re: Greta Thunberg ... again

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Okay Muddy, Bruce and Todger, let's assume the doom mongers (especially the charming Greta) are right about man's involvement in climate change....Can you imagine how futile and ridiculous the struggle will be to change anything.

Everything we eat, wear, drive, watch, listen to, live in, write on, crap in and even walk on is manufactured and takes something from the planet....
Well, for a start your view contradicts the Law of Conservation of Mass in fact nothing is taken from the planet the problem is that we are changing too much into carbon dioxide.

Neither do we need to stop using manufactured items. What we do need is to rethink what we are doing and the way we are doing it.

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->

Wait a minute........
But how do we do that......Set male against female, religion against religion, politics against politics, gender against gender, country against country etc, and they will do the culling themselves.......

You're confusing climate change with Brexit.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
You rotten lot this young girl speaks from the heart .
She speaks the truth that no one wants to hear.
She doesn’t speak...she shouts, I don’t think there are many who deny climate change, but I don’t want a child in my face telling me I have stolen her childhood...bollox! If it wasn’t for our parents who pushed the occupying forces out of her country she wouldn't have had a childhood to whinge out
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 02:31 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
She doesn’t speak...she shouts, I don’t think there are many who deny climate change, but I don’t want a child in my face telling me I have stolen her childhood...bollox! If it wasn’t for our parents who pushed the occupying forces out of her country she wouldn't have had a childhood to whinge out
It takes people to shout or stamp their feet or scream and scream until they're sick to get the message across that the state of the environment IS our fault because based on comments here most people are in denial.

Also that the way we have been, are, and give every indication intend to live IS horrendously damaging the world for her and those who come after.

Also knowing that this is taking place and we not only are doing nothing about changing it but actually rejecting the glaringly obvious must be horrible for someone who can see what we refuse to even admit and must be hurting her and other young people terribly.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 02:48 PM

If only Funsize could convince certain Countries to stop having children.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 02:59 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
It takes people to shout or stamp their feet or scream and scream until they're sick to get the message across that the state of the environment IS our fault because based on comments here most people are in denial.

Also that the way we have been, are, and give every indication intend to live IS horrendously damaging the world for her and those who come after.

Also knowing that this is taking place and we not only are doing nothing about changing it but actually rejecting the glaringly obvious must be horrible for someone who can see what we refuse to even admit and must be hurting her and other young people terribly.
So based on that and the assumption that you might have been a father, one of your children shouting in your face demanding that you change something now without evidence and skived off school would be met with what reaction from you ?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 03:31 PM

So based on that and the assumption that you might have been a father, one of your children shouting in your face demanding that you change something now without evidence and skived off school would be met with what reaction from you ?
Without evidence I would not be impressed but start with a request for the sources of his anger. If he presented it and other people were saying the same thing and if the basis of what was being said was sound then I would learn something new.

If the basis was not in line with what I thought I knew then I would seriously review what I thought that I knew.

In either case I'd get my own back on the sod for shouting in my face but that's just me!

But in this case there is compelling evidence to support what is being promoted and to refuse to even consider it because a young person is pushing it isn't a particularly good reason.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil

28-09-2019, 03:46 PM

I have heard no compelling evidence from her
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK

28-09-2019, 03:58 PM

I have heard no compelling evidence from her
The girl is pressing home the effect that people who could at least take this matter seriously and set in motion what needs to be done by presenting it as to the consequences of inaction on her and future generations.

The conclusive evidence of what is happening and the why it is happing is screamingly obvious except to those who won't even look and instead deny the facts.

There's an interesting article on the Psychology Today site (psychologytoday.com) on the The Dunning-Kruger effect. It's worth reading, at least in my opinion that is.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 04:07 PM

Isn't she preaching to the converted? Why isn't she spouting her message in India, China, and the USA? All great polluters.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-09-2019, 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The girl is pressing home the effect that people who could at least take this matter seriously and set in motion what needs to be done by presenting it as to the consequences of inaction on her and future generations.

The conclusive evidence of what is happening and the why it is happing is screamingly obvious except to those who won't even look and instead deny the facts.

There's an interesting article on the Psychology Today site (psychologytoday.com) on the The Dunning-Kruger effect. It's worth reading, at least in my opinion that is.
Another way of saying that those who don't follow the mantra of man-made climate change are too thick to debate it? You have just issued a form of back-handed insult.

Page 19 of 50 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 29 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top