Join for free
Page 22 of 50 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 05:27 PM

Re: Greta Thunberg ... again

2017 Co2 emissions, the emissions which are said to be affecting the climate, nearly 50% of climate killing Co2 emissions was produced by just 3 countries, China, USA and India. The UK produced 1.02%

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...xide_emissions

Even if the UK were to cut it's Co2 emissions to zero, it would do nothing to help the climate due to the the biggest 3 producers of Co2. People protesting in the UK and putting pressure on the UK government to do more to help the climate is utterly worthless and useless unless the biggest 3 are forced to reduced their Co2 output.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
2017 Co2 emissions, the emissions which are said to be affecting the climate, nearly 50% of climate killing Co2 emissions was produced by just 3 countries, China, USA and India. The UK produced 1.02%

Even if the UK were to cut it's Co2 emissions to zero, it would do nothing to help the climate due to the the biggest 3 producers of Co2. People protesting in the UK and putting pressure on the UK government to do more to help the climate is utterly worthless and useless unless the biggest 3 are forced to reduced their Co2 output.
Every single thing that anyone does to reduce environmental damage is worthwhile no matter how trivial it might appear to be.

In any case carbon dioxide is by no means the only or even the worst greenhouse gas and polluting compound and the greenhouse effect is only one of the environmental damaging consequences of the chemicals, compounds, and practices that are used today.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by mups ->
i normally can't abide jeremy clarkson, but an article he wrote in yesterday's paper made me think.
He starts off replying to her outburst saying we had stolen her dreams and her childhood and the "how dare you bit."

here he goes, judge for yourselves:

" how dare we? No. How dare you sail to america on a carbon fibre yacht that you didn't build which cost £15 million, that you didn't earn, and which has a back-up diesel engine that you didn't mention.

"i'm sorry ms thunberg, but if you're going to lay into my generation, you must accet it when i lay into you and yours.
What about the pills you take when you have a headache?
What about the clean water that comes out of your tap?
What about the food you can buy at any time of the day or night?
No 16 year old was responsible for any of that.

"wha about the aid missions currently being run in some of the poorest countries of the world, or the drugs that help keep aids at bay?

"think about all the movies you've enjoyed. Movies made by grown-ups, and all the comediens who have made you laugh.
And then pause for a moment to consider how soundly you sleep at night, knowing that adults are building and servicing and flying sweden's fighter planes to keep you safe.

"we gave you mobile phones, laptops and the internet.
We created the social media you use every day and we run the banks that pay for it all.

" so how dare you stand there and lecture us, you spoilt brat."

then he finishes up by saying . . .

" i agree with you that the world is heating up. You may even be right that man has something to do with it. And there is no doubt that the deserts eat into currently habitable places in africa and the middle east.
Europe will face an unimaginable refugee crisis.
Something needs to be done about that.
"so how's this for an idea. Get back to school as quickly as possible and work hard in your science lectures. Because science is what will solve the problem eventually, not scowling and having the screaming ab-dabs every five minutes.

"many thousands of people who you had the temerity to blame this week are trying to do exactly what you want."

i'll leave that with you to think about.

Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 01:25 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->

Have you tried contacting the UK tax department and explaining that the amount of tax you pay is so tiny compared to the UK budget that you don't think you should have to pay tax any more?

That might work.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Why’s that? Because he doesn’t say, what you want to hear?

At least he tells it, like it is!

Even his own daughter doesn’t agree with him !

https://www.ladbible.com/news/weird-...nberg-20190929

The overweight slob needs to think twice before before opening his mouth to slag off idealistic and truthful 16 year olds .
Gaz55
UK
Gaz55 is male  Gaz55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
You got the last line wrong Gaz? But she blamed us for
destroying her childhood?
Imo her parents did that?

Regards Donkeyman!
Last line wrong? Don't think so!

Not crap? Don't think so!

The Earth has been cooling down and warming up for billions of years.

No such thing as "Man-made global warming"!

Hey,but guess what!

Two sides to every story!

Flat Earth or round?

Brexit or no Brexit?

Jam or cream first on scones?

Always two sides to any debate!

One bunch of scientists will say"Man made global warming"

Another bunch will say it's a cycle the Earth goes through!

But you can always spot the difference!

The ones who hang around on the street corner,with their sign boards,saying the end is nigh,and spoilt brats,having the screaming hebbie jebbies whenever the sun shines,or it starts to rain! Omg,it's global warming! We are all going to die!

Change the record!
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->

The overweight slob needs to think twice before before opening his mouth to slag off idealistic and truthful 16 year olds .
Does she know what measures are already being implemented?
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Gaz55 ->
Last line wrong? Don't think so!

Not crap? Don't think so!

The Earth has been cooling down and warming up for billions of years.

No such thing as "Man-made global warming"!

Hey,but guess what!

Two sides to every story!

Flat Earth or round?

Brexit or no Brexit?

Jam or cream first on scones?

Always two sides to any debate!

One bunch of scientists will say"Man made global warming"

Another bunch will say it's a cycle the Earth goes through!

But you can always spot the difference!

The ones who hang around on the street corner,with their sign boards,saying the end is nigh,and spoilt brats,having the screaming hebbie jebbies whenever the sun shines,or it starts to rain! Omg,it's global warming! We are all going to die!

Change the record!
I like you
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Rehab44 ->
I like you
So do I Gaz......
Gaz55
UK
Gaz55 is male  Gaz55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-10-2019, 06:43 PM

Thank you Rehab44 and OldGreyFox. Lol.

I dont post on here often,hhhhmmmmm,been a while,.....i do drop in occasionally, but nice to be noticed when I do! Lol.

Say what you see,if it quacks and and lays eggs,it's a duck!

If it screams and pulls faces and throws a tantrum,it's a teenage spoilt brat because they can't get what they want,when they want it! NOW!

Hhhhmmmm,....was it Violet Elizabeth Bott in "Just William?"?

I'll T'scream and T'scream till I'm sick?

Does puking not add to global warming ?

Page 22 of 50 « First < 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top