Join for free
Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 03:41 PM

Re: When do you put your Christmas Tree up?

Originally Posted by mariana ->
I have only once in the last 12 years put a Christmas tree up, or any decorations. And last year I did not put my Christrms cards out on display---this year I have not even got the heart to open any of my Christmas cards--I cannot bear the thought of people wishing me a happy Christmas--or have a wonderful time. Christmas is just not good for everyone---some of us have too many bad memories of Christmas in the past---and quite honestly if I could fast forward it I could. Last Christmas Day, i went to bed--just t0o get rid of the day,,and did not eat a thing---this Christmas I have the opportunity to help at my church on Christmas Day , by providing Christmas Lunch, and afternoon entertainment--for people who would otherwise be on their own--first time its been done,or I would have been there before now..
Great to hear you are going to help others on Christmas day, i do hope it stirs some nice memories for you.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 04:07 PM

This is what my son is doing this year it seems a good idea I hope it catches on.
You hire the tree which comes growing in a pot then return it after Christmas
The Traditional Tree for Christmas, the Norway Spruce, grown in a pot, not put in a pot! A living tree which will happily holiday in your home for the festive season.

With a wonderful, natural aroma of the forest, these living plants shed minimal needles. And they won’t topple over as they are contained in special pots designed for regular watering in the home.

Returned to our tree nursery at the end of the holidays to continue growing for another year until Christmas comes again this is a sustainable way to enjoy the tradition of a Christmas Tree in your home.
http://www.familyfarmshop.co.uk/christmastree.html
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 05:07 PM

Bought it Thursday potted it Friday lights went on yesterday decorated it today phew!

(Lovely tree, £30 and just over 6')

By the way, did you know that most people put the lights AROUND their tree, but the designer fellas are telling us that the correct way to do the lights is VERTICALLY?

Guess what I said to the paper when I read this yesterday
marmaduke
uk ( Cheshire)
marmaduke is male  marmaduke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 05:14 PM

I did hear that after a particularly bad Christmas years ago , santa was flustered , elves on a go slow and the Christmas fairy asked santa where she should put the xmas tree he had yet to decorate ...... and to this day that is why the fairy sits on the top of the tree
mariana
Kent. Uk.
mariana is female  mariana has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Great to hear you are going to help others on Christmas day, i do hope it stirs some nice memories for you.
Thanks---I have had some good Christmasses---but just a very very long time ago...
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-12-2016, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by marmaduke ->
I did hear that after a particularly bad Christmas years ago , santa was flustered , elves on a go slow and the Christmas fairy asked santa where she should put the xmas tree he had yet to decorate ...... and to this day that is why the fairy sits on the top of the tree
I see you folliwed my train of thought!!!

Page 5 of 5 « First < 3 4 5

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top