Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Adanac
canada
Adanac is female  Adanac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 07:31 PM

Re: To Pierce, or Not to Pierce: That is the Question

Did my own when I was 16. Bar of soap behind the ear, quick jab with the needle and done.

Seldom even wear earrings now because they need to be at least 14K gold or infection starts.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
I had mine done in the back of my Ford Transit (parked by the side of Lake Bala) when I was 21 - my girlfriend used a needle and a cork .....

No anaesthetic but whisky for sterilisation (and courage ..... ) .....
Well, Nom stole my idea about the turnips, which means that I might have to opt for beets instead.

Now the only question that remains is why one would have to have one's ears pierced in tbe backseat?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 07:53 PM

Good stories. So, how do you all keep from losing your little delicate earrings when you travel?

Do you sleep in them?

I hadn't even considered or am am worried about any intial discomfort - I've been sliced, diced, and stuck more than a potato.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Good stories. So, how do you all keep from losing your little delicate earrings when you travel?

Do you sleep in them?

I hadn't even considered or am am worried about any intial discomfort - I've been sliced, diced, and stuck more than a potato.
SM you can wear 'sleepers' a lot of the time they are a full circle and don't catch on things.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Well, Nom stole my idea about the turnips, which means that I might have to opt for beets instead.

Now the only question that remains is why one would have to have one's ears pierced in tbe backseat?
A Ford Transit is what we in the UK call a "van" - no back seats - mine was a bit like this:

We put a mattress on the floor in the back and lined the interior bodywork with velvet curtains with satin cushions - very "hippie" .....

Anyway, we'd parked up for the night and, prior to going to the pub, my girlfriend was dressing herself up (lots of bangles, rings, etc) and she decided I should "match" so she pierced my ears and inserted some dangly ear-rings .....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 09:00 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
A Ford Transit is what we in the UK call a "van" - no back seats - mine was a bit like this:

We put a mattress on the floor in the back and lined the interior bodywork with velvet curtains with satin cushions - very "hippie" .....

Anyway, we'd parked up for the night and, prior to going to the pub, my girlfriend was dressing herself up (lots of bangles, rings, etc) and she decided I should "match" so she pierced my ears and inserted some dangly ear-rings .....
Ah yes, the old 'passion wagon'
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

24-01-2018, 09:25 PM

Cool! Oh, trust me, Omah we had our share of vans too in southern California. I was expressly forbidden to go out with boys who drove them.

Now I realize that this was really a conspiracy between my parents to keep me from getting my ears pierced...

Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

24-01-2018, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
SM you can wear 'sleepers' a lot of the time they are a full circle and don't catch on things.
Excellent to know, thank you for chipping away at my ignorance.
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 10:17 PM

Surfermom, do you have me on ignore?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2018, 10:21 PM

I had my ear pierced when I was 20 (It was a Hippy thing ). Still wear a silver sleeper to this day and never take it out. I've had this particular one a good twenty years or so.

What with my beard and earring, I just need a spotted hankie on my head now for that pirate look.

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top