Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-11-2018, 10:57 PM

Re: Roy orbison

Originally Posted by peripheral ->
no but i'm prettier.
lol!!
Cherie B
Oxfordshire
Cherie B is female  Cherie B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 11:01 AM

One of my all time favourite great musical artists is Roy Orbison. I first remember hearing him in 1960 whilst listening to Radio Luxembourg.He was singing 'Only The Lonely' and immediately I turned the volume up to hear this amazing voice coming from the radio.This fabulous record, which I believe reached the no.1 in the UK Hit Parade in August 1960, was followed by 'Blue Angel', another Hit Parade entry in November of the same year. 'Running Scared ' and ' Crying were both chart entries in 1961, followed by 'In Dreams ' in 1963 with 'It's Over' and 'Oh Pretty Woman' hitting the charts in 1964.

1n the mid 1980s he co- founded the rock supergroup TheTraveling Wilburys and in1989, after his un-timely death of a heart attack, he had another chart hit with 'You Got It'.

I absolutely love all of his songs and continue to listen to them right through to the present day.
Cherie B
Oxfordshire
Cherie B is female  Cherie B has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-11-2018, 03:41 PM

Cherie B
Oxfordshire

19-11-2018, 09:55 PM

Roy Orbison co-founded the supergroup Traveling Wilburys with George Harrison, Jeff Lynne, Bob Dylan and Tom Petty.Jeff Lynne produced Roy Orbison's final album Mystery Girl, which was released posthumously in February 1989.

And here is a track, 'I'm Not Alone Anymore ' from The Traveling Wilburys 1988 Album Vol.1.It was produced by Nelson Wilbury (George Harrison) & Otis Wilbury (Jeff Lynne) ... "Not Alone Anymore" Track Info. Written By Charlie T. Wilbury Jr (Tom Petty), Lefty Wilbury (Roy Orbison), Lucky Wilbury (Bob Dylan) & 2 more.The lead vocals are sung by Roy - it's a really good record.

Cherie B
Oxfordshire

20-11-2018, 09:54 PM

I was at my friend's 13th birthday party when her cousin's friend, a lad of 17 named George, asked me to dance.He was a Hank Marvin lookalike and I was thrilled The song we danced to was Roy Orbison's Blue Angel - it was the first time that I had heard the record and I have loved it ever since.I used to take the arm off the record player so that it played over and over again.My dad called it 'The Dummy Song'.
Richmond
United Kingdom
Richmond is female  Richmond has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-11-2018, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Cherie B ->
One of my all time favourite great musical artists is Roy Orbison. I first remember hearing him in 1960 whilst listening to Radio Luxembourg.He was singing 'Only The Lonely' and immediately I turned the volume up to hear this amazing voice coming from the radio.This fabulous record, which I believe reached the no.1 in the UK Hit Parade in August 1960, was followed by 'Blue Angel', another Hit Parade entry in November of the same year. 'Running Scared ' and ' Crying were both chart entries in 1961, followed by 'In Dreams ' in 1963 with 'It's Over' and 'Oh Pretty Woman' hitting the charts in 1964.

1n the mid 1980s he co- founded the rock supergroup TheTraveling Wilburys and in1989, after his un-timely death of a heart attack, he had another chart hit with 'You Got It'.

I absolutely love all of his songs and continue to listen to them right through to the present day.
Have to agree Cherie -he was/is a great performer with a unique style.

Glad you enjoyed the post
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-11-2018, 08:37 AM

A couple of my all time fav's of his.

Star studded backing group.

Richmond
United Kingdom

29-11-2018, 12:22 AM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
A couple of my all time fav's of his.

Star studded backing group.

Great choices Longfellow. Thanks for posting
longfellow
Chatterbox
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-12-2018, 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by Richmond ->
Glad I never saw that episode then Ruthio ! Shame.
Oh no no Richmond if you have humour in your heart you would have loved it I can tell you that.

Obviously no comparison to the real thing, but a great laugh never the less.

Now lets see can we get this thread back on track Roy deserved a lot more music recognition on his thread because he was one of the greatest.

longfellow
Chatterbox

07-12-2018, 07:19 PM

Right leave it up to you all to select more Orbison songs.

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top