Join for free
Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
cuphalffull
North East UK
cuphalffull is female  cuphalffull has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 01:14 PM

Re: Tony Martin - murderer.

I can't believe what I am reading here! The man Martin ended the life of a sixteen-year-old. He committed murder. A cowardly murder, he shot him in the back! No wonder this country is going to the dogs. Human life means nothing. That boy was wrong but he was murdered.

It beggars belief!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Well my opinion remains the same.
That's your prerogative Artful, let's hope you never get burgled or assaulted in your home.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I very much doubt that Mr Martin shot to kill, he shot blind in fear and the bullet found it's mark unfortunately.
My Farmer OH has guns here, and I doubt he'd hesitate to use them if he though it necessary.
Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Much more likely Martin shot in order to injure.
Personally I would have shot to kill. If you live by the sword and all that.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

18-08-2019, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by cuphalffull ->
I can't believe what I am reading here! The man Martin ended the life of a sixteen-year-old. He committed murder. A cowardly murder, he shot him in the back! No wonder this country is going to the dogs. Human life means nothing. That boy was wrong but he was murdered.

It beggars belief!
Oh gawd, another bleeding heart. Let's see if you feel the same when you are getting your head kicked in by some spotty youf.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 02:07 PM

dger;1765200]It'll be twenty years ago in a couple of days since the absolutely horrible Tony Martin shot a child alleged burglar in the back as the kid did a runner.

There's quite an educational article about Martin in today's Daily Mail.

After being rightly found guilty of murder, which it undoubtedly was, the browhaha from the general public that claimed that the little to rag that Martin murdered deserved what the kid got and so the charge was reduced to one of manslaughter and his sentence was reduced.

Should the little sod have been "on the Rob"? Of course not, but he was offering no threat to Murdering Martin especially as he was legging it.

Now Martin has given an interview about how he sees life and the values that he continues to live by.

It's worth reading to see inside the mind of a truly horrible person.[/QUOTE]

AT, It's hard to believe 20 years have passed since that fateful night. I have to say for myself personally, and I know this will shock some, but if I had that shotgun ready and I was Tony Martin and trying to protect myself, I too wouldn't have hesitated to use it against two assailants.

I well remember years ago, my brother, sis-in-law and two teenaged children were living in an isolated cottage at the very end of a lane out in the countryside here, with no other houses around for half a mile. His property was right at the end of the lane and the only spot outside was a turnaround for their vehicles. No-one would have any reason to be there unless they were calling at the cottage.

My brother had a couple of businesses so he was always wary of any strangers showing up at the property.

Anyway, one morning about 5am on a freezing cold winter morning, my nephew woke my brother and said "Dad, there is a van parked outside the gate. I can't see very clearly but it looks like a black guy just sitting there. My brother looked out of the window and yes, he was doing just that. They both waited for about 20 minutes to see if the van moved off but it didn't. Now, I must tell you that the first thing he should have done was phone the police, but the police would have taken at least 30 minutes to get there.

My brother then got his shotgun out of the cabinet (fully licenced), and he and my nephew walked out of the gate, over to the van with the shotgun ready to be used in the event of an impending crime, and tapped on the driver's window. When the window was wound down by the driver, both were even more on their guard because what my nephew had mistakenly thought was a black person, was, in fact, a white person wearing a black balaclava with only holes for his eyes and mouth. He looked very menacing indeed.

When he saw the shotgun at the ready, he whipped off the balaclava very quickly and apologise for disturbing them. He quickly showed his official Manweb engineer security card and explained he was just waiting for his work colleague to turn up so they could start work on the pylons in the opposite field to the cottage.

Of course, all three of them had a good laugh about it all, the driver explaining that he only wore the balaclava to keep warm in the van while he was waiting, but the driver was visibly shocked again when he said to my brother: "that shotgun wasn't loaded, was it? you wouldn't really have used it, would you" and my brother showed him that it was indeed fully loaded and it had been aimed at all time at his legs.

So, as I say, Tony Martin had every right to shoot anyone who entered his home with the intent to rob and even harm or kill him. It's very sad that it ended the way it did, any death is dreadfully regretable, but if criminals are intent on unlawfully entering someone's property to rob and god knows what else, they must expect that householder to do all in his power to protect himself, family and his property. End of.

I have another brother who has businesses in Telford. He and my nephews keep baseball bats by their bedsides. If anyone ever enters his property, he has told his sons to make sure they first give him a punch in the mouth so he can say he was attacked by the intruder, and then they will beat the hell out of whoever broke in to rob them.

That is unfortunately, the way of the world now. People have to do all in their power to protect themselves, their families and their property, however they can.

My sympathy will never be with the criminals. sorry.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 02:33 PM

Spose the question begs asking why so many folks slag off the American Gun Culture, yet, condone wielding a gun under certain circumstances, seems a tad hypocritical.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
dger;1765200]It'll be twenty years ago in a couple of days since the absolutely horrible Tony Martin shot a child alleged burglar in the back as the kid did a runner.

There's quite an educational article about Martin in today's Daily Mail.

After being rightly found guilty of murder, which it undoubtedly was, the browhaha from the general public that claimed that the little to rag that Martin murdered deserved what the kid got and so the charge was reduced to one of manslaughter and his sentence was reduced.

Should the little sod have been "on the Rob"? Of course not, but he was offering no threat to Murdering Martin especially as he was legging it.

Now Martin has given an interview about how he sees life and the values that he continues to live by.

It's worth reading to see inside the mind of a truly horrible person.

AT, It's hard to believe 20 years have passed since that fateful night. I have to say for myself personally, and I know this will shock some, but if I had that shotgun ready and I was Tony Martin and trying to protect myself, I too wouldn't have hesitated to use it against two assailants.

I well remember years ago, my brother, sis-in-law and two teenaged children were living in an isolated cottage at the very end of a lane out in the countryside here, with no other houses around for half a mile. His property was right at the end of the lane and the only spot outside was a turnaround for their vehicles. No-one would have any reason to be there unless they were calling at the cottage.

My brother had a couple of businesses so he was always wary of any strangers showing up at the property.

Anyway, one morning about 5am on a freezing cold winter morning, my nephew woke my brother and said "Dad, there is a van parked outside the gate. I can't see very clearly but it looks like a black guy just sitting there. My brother looked out of the window and yes, he was doing just that. They both waited for about 20 minutes to see if the van moved off but it didn't. Now, I must tell you that the first thing he should have done was phone the police, but the police would have taken at least 30 minutes to get there.

My brother then got his shotgun out of the cabinet (fully licenced), and he and my nephew walked out of the gate, over to the van with the shotgun ready to be used in the event of an impending crime, and tapped on the driver's window. When the window was wound down by the driver, both were even more on their guard because what my nephew had mistakenly thought was a black person, was, in fact, a white person wearing a black balaclava with only holes for his eyes and mouth. He looked very menacing indeed.

When he saw the shotgun at the ready, he whipped off the balaclava very quickly and apologise for disturbing them. He quickly showed his official Manweb engineer security card and explained he was just waiting for his work colleague to turn up so they could start work on the pylons in the opposite field to the cottage.

Of course, all three of them had a good laugh about it all, the driver explaining that he only wore the balaclava to keep warm in the van while he was waiting, but the driver was visibly shocked again when he said to my brother: "that shotgun wasn't loaded, was it? you wouldn't really have used it, would you" and my brother showed him that it was indeed fully loaded and it had been aimed at all time at his legs.

So, as I say, Tony Martin had every right to shoot anyone who entered his home with the intent to rob and even harm or kill him. It's very sad that it ended the way it did, any death is dreadfully regretable, but if criminals are intent on unlawfully entering someone's property to rob and god knows what else, they must expect that householder to do all in his power to protect himself, family and his property. End of.

I have another brother who has businesses in Telford. He and my nephews keep baseball bats by their bedsides. If anyone ever enters his property, he has told his sons to make sure they first give him a punch in the mouth so he can say he was attacked by the intruder, and then they will beat the hell out of whoever broke in to rob them.

That is unfortunately, the way of the world now. People have to do all in their power to protect themselves, their families and their property, however they can.

My sympathy will never be with the criminals. sorry.[/QUOTE]

But the toe rags were not attacking anyone.

They were on the rob, they were disturbed, they were legging it, Martin shot them in the back.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Spose the question begs asking why so many folks slag off the American Gun Culture, yet, condone wielding a gun under certain circumstances, seems a tad hypocritical.
#
I suppose one could splat that back at you spitfire. I often think that those who are always critical of people such as Tony Martin and those of us who wholeheartedly sympathise with him, don't really appreciate what they would do if it were themselves and their own family that came face to face with one or more intruders who have broken into their property. If they thought their wife, daughter, son, grandchildren or even pets, were in danger, wouldn't they indeed do everything in their power to protect their loved ones? including using a weapon that they know would be the only weapon capable of beating the weapons of choice being used by the robbers/rapist/killer's. You just do not know unless you have ever been in such a frightening scenario, which thankfully, none of us appear to have done so.

Protecting one's family and home in the UK has nothing at all to do with our views on the gun lobby in the USA and the senseless slaughter of hundreds of school children and others by madmen with access to semi-automatics.
So I don't think hypocrisy comes into this,
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

18-08-2019, 03:27 PM

.[/QUOTE]Artful Todger

But the toe rags were not attacking anyone.

They were on the rob, they were disturbed, they were legging it, Martin shot them in the back.[/QUOTE]

(UNQUOTE)

To be honest AT, any death is tragic. Especially so when most people believe that Tony Martin was in the right and the robbing duo were in the wrong. He was tried and judged in a court of law, found guilty of murder, which was then overturned to a charge of manslaughter, which one would suppose most of the public would deem more apt, apart from those who thought he should never have been charged.

So to all intents, it is only your view that he is a murderer. To others, he was well within his rights.

The powers that be obviously decided that he did not intentionally aim to kill that intruder. That was the verdict.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2019, 03:29 PM

How times change.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-48134851

Page 3 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top