Join for free
Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 10:59 PM

Re: 52/48 but we were lied to.

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
We havent voted yet Floydy! Comes the election, which l
believe will happen if the justice system rules honestly?
Regards Donkeyman!
Yes but as I was saying, if the majority vote 'leave' again, everything becomes stalemate once more. How can anything change? I just don't understand your reasoning Donkeyman

Is it just me or doesn't anyone else understand what I'm saying here?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-09-2019, 11:57 PM

OP's assertion that we were lied to is completely irrelevant.

1. It is up to each individual to do their own research and due diligence into any facts presented by media pundits and political parties.

2. It is up to each individual to determine which media channels are uber biased and deliberately misleading

3. Every vote involves media and politicians lying to the electorate. Every single one.

Finally, if Corbyn had won the last election would it have been ok for us all to prevent him going into No 10 on the basis that he lied to all the students about wiping debts and free tuition fees?

[/THREAD]
Patriot1967
East Anglia
Patriot1967 is male  Patriot1967 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Realist ->

1. It is up to each individual to do their own research and due diligence into any facts presented by media pundits and political parties.

2. It is up to each individual to determine which media channels are uber biased and deliberately misleading

3. Every vote involves media and politicians lying to the electorate. Every single one.

Finally, if Corbyn had won the last election would it have been ok for us all to prevent him going into No 10 on the basis that he lied to all the students about wiping debts and free tuition fees?

[/THREAD]
All politicians lie. Anyone who doesn’t know that is naive, to say the least. It is absolutely right that you should get your facts from other sources and make decisions that way.

As to Floydy’s assertion, I think he means the fact that Parliament has spent 3 years ignoring and trying to undo the referendum result. If there is another referendum and the outcome is Leave again, I wonder if they’ll finally get the message?
Having said that, I share Floydy’s pessimism. Until there’s an election to clear out the deadwood, the same people will do the same things to try to stop Brexit actually happening
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Ray Cathode ->
Did you vote to leave D00d?
You're right. I didn't vote "leave" the first time either.

It wasn't because I didn't support the idea of leaving, but because the referendum was called at the wrong time by the wrong person for the wrong reasons ... a recipe for disaster.

I have no love for the EU.

ps I also knew that Boris was/is not a true brexiter.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 08:29 AM

[/THREAD]

I'm sure labour will tell us about more aspirations during their conference.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 09:00 AM

I agree 'and we were lied to' assumes we are all gullible and incapable of forming our own opinions.

No one 'lied' to me, my opinions were not based on the words of either side in the argument but on years of my own observation.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
You're right. I didn't vote "leave" the first time either.

It wasn't because I didn't support the idea of leaving, but because the referendum was called at the wrong time by the wrong person for the wrong reasons ... a recipe for disaster.

I have no love for the EU.

ps I also knew that Boris was/is not a true brexiter.
ps I also knew that Boris was/is not a true brexiter, where did you learn that from, the biased media?.

People need to go and look at the numerous interviews Boris gave during campaigning for Leave. He has always maintained and still maintains that he is pro-EU, BUT he refuses adamantly to allow the EU to have a say and control on UK laws and it's borders. He admitted being very passionate about those two hence why he joined Leave.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Floydy ->
Yes but as I was saying, if the majority vote 'leave' again, everything becomes stalemate once more. How can anything change? I just don't understand your reasoning Donkeyman

Is it just me or doesn't anyone else understand what I'm saying here?
My reasoning is a combination of hope that an election
will achieve a result where a new party combined with the
remnants of an old one will produce a working majority
that will end all these shenanigans in parliament Floydy?
OK nothing is certain, especially given he mental state of
most of POSHOC! But l believe that if we aim at winning
the election, and aim at getting an election we can achieve
those aims?
I also am pessimistic and disappointed at times, mostly about
how a lot of my fellow countrymen think and behave nowadays!

Regards Donkeyman!
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
ps I also knew that Boris was/is not a true brexiter, where did you learn that from, the biased media?.

People need to go and look at the numerous interviews Boris gave during campaigning for Leave. He has always maintained and still maintains that he is pro-EU, BUT he refuses adamantly to allow the EU to have a say and control on UK laws and it's borders. He admitted being very passionate about those two hence why he joined Leave.
Exactly, he joined leave, and joined very last minute when he was forced to take sides. He wasn't "Leave" from the outset, he is no farage. I remember it took him two days to make up his mind, weigh up his options. The TV cameras outside his house, and he finally came out, made a speech announcing he was joining Leave.

Now Cameron accuses him of doing it to "help his political career." Whilst I accuse Cameron of holding the referendum to "help his political career", but that backfired on him.
MargaretF
Northamptonshire, UK
MargaretF is female  MargaretF has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-09-2019, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I agree 'and we were lied to' assumes we are all gullible and incapable of forming our own opinions.

No one 'lied' to me, my opinions were not based on the words of either side in the argument but on years of my own observation.
I agree with you Meg - I voted to leave based on my own views over the years that we have been in the EU. I didn't even know about the bus with the message on it etc. until recently when it came up as a so called lie.

Surely most people are capable of making a decision without having to be told what to think by politicians and/or the media - or maybe not ...

Page 2 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top