Join for free
Page 19 of 21 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 04:59 PM

Re: Climate Change.

Apologies for restoring the thread to its original purpose, but it was on the news yesterday that Greta the Gremlin was one of the people proposed for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Sadly, she wasn't successful.

I feel really upset for her supportive parents who would have been severely disappointed after all their efforts.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Apologies for restoring the thread to its original purpose, but it was on the news yesterday that Greta the Gremlin was one of the people proposed for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Sadly, she wasn't successful.

I feel really upset for her supportive parents who would have been severely disappointed after all their efforts.
I'm gutted JB........
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 09:20 PM

There is still a chance of a sainthood though
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-10-2019, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by rehab44 ->
there is still a chance of a sainthood though
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-10-2019, 10:01 PM

Here is George Carlin on "saving the planet"

Oh how I miss the wise words of George ...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7W33HRc1A6c
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-10-2019, 05:17 PM

Apologies for going back to the original thread which was I believe Climate Change.
Stupid little school girls, Eco warriors, Extremist Rebellion Activists, or whatever they call themselves will not prevent climate change. It is something that has happened before and will continue to happen and Flora and Fauna will have to adapt or die out. We may be able to slow it down a little but it will change. The Polar ice caps may melt. The oceans may become bigger and land masses become smaller but there is nothing we can do to stop it happening. Millions of years ago this planet we call Earth was mostly covered in a thick layer of ice. Over those millions of years it has been warming up and will continue to get warmer and warmer and no force on this Earth will be able to change it. But the way these activists and their followers are behaving anyone would think that in a couple of weeks time we are all going to boil to death when in fact it will take millions of years for our planet to become uninhabitable.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

16-10-2019, 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
Apologies for going back to the original thread which was I believe Climate Change.
Stupid little school girls, Eco warriors, Extremist Rebellion Activists, or whatever they call themselves will not prevent climate change. It is something that has happened before and will continue to happen and Flora and Fauna will have to adapt or die out. We may be able to slow it down a little but it will change. The Polar ice caps may melt. The oceans may become bigger and land masses become smaller but there is nothing we can do to stop it happening. Millions of years ago this planet we call Earth was mostly covered in a thick layer of ice. Over those millions of years it has been warming up and will continue to get warmer and warmer and no force on this Earth will be able to change it. But the way these activists and their followers are behaving anyone would think that in a couple of weeks time we are all going to boil to death when in fact it will take millions of years for our planet to become uninhabitable.

Absolutely.

However, in the meantime they will continue to disrupt the efficient running of this and other countries to the detriment of our economy, which will affect us all.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 11:39 AM

Looks like commuters have had enough of ER's shenanigans..

Protester at top of tube train grabbed and thrown into angry crowd. Serves him bloodywell right - perhaps more action such as this by ordinary people trying to get on with their lives and earn their keep for their families is needed. Bet he wasn't expecting that.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-50079716
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 11:43 AM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Looks like commuters have had enough of ER's shenanigans..

Protester at top of tube train grabbed and thrown into angry crowd. Serves him bloodywell right - perhaps more action such as this by ordinary people trying to get on with their lives and earn their keep for their families is needed. Bet he wasn't expecting that.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-50079716

yep, people have had enough, I'm glad someone did something but next you will hear will probably be that that protester will be looking to get the person/s who took him down arrested for manhandling or asault or something, wouldn't surprise me.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2019, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->

yep, people have had enough, I'm glad someone did something but next you will hear will probably be that that protester will be looking to get the person/s who took him down arrested for manhandling or asault or something, wouldn't surprise me.
Except that the protester kicked the person trying to get hold of him first.

Page 19 of 21 « First < 9 17 18 19 20 21 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top