Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 09:49 PM

Re: Scotland 1 England 0

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
hank goodness Scotland didn't get their independence. Just think not only a backstop (or not) for ireland but one for Scotland as well.

I can just imagine border crossings with checkpoints from England to Scotland

If BoJo pushes on with his suicidal no deal, you can expect another Scottish referendum very soon. An independent Scotland as a member of the EU would certainly need a hard border with England to prevent Chlorinated chicken, GM foods, foods contaminated with pesticides and fracking chemicals and any other American crap coming from England and contaminating Scotland. Any other goods from England will be subjected to strict WTO tariffs. Should England wish to buy our excellent fresh vegetables or meats or energy surplus well we can put up the price anyway because you will be desperately trying to buy from Donald Trump and good luck with that.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by Beej ->
Thats why they want uk to remain in EU.Dont give a shit about uk just dont want borders,free movement more payments from uk,lets do Brexit and see how independance goes then.

You seem to be very confused.
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 10:10 PM

@Weedeek

"You worry me Sunshine!"

Don't worry about me Weed, I'm not the one suffering from delusional disorder.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-09-2019, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
If BoJo pushes on with his suicidal no deal, you can expect another Scottish referendum very soon. An independent Scotland as a member of the EU would certainly need a hard border with England to prevent Chlorinated chicken, GM foods, foods contaminated with pesticides and fracking chemicals and any other American crap coming from England and contaminating Scotland. Any other goods from England will be subjected to strict WTO tariffs. Should England wish to buy our excellent fresh vegetables or meats or energy surplus well we can put up the price anyway because you will be desperately trying to buy from Donald Trump and good luck with that.

Dream on
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
As I have said before, I hope Scotland never leaves but if that's what you want then so be it. One thing you can be sure of is that there won't be a minority trying to stop you.
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-09-2019, 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by AidoPotato ->
Scotland played a major role in this. I would be proud a punch if I were Scottish. I'm Irish though, so it's close enough. The Scots got the ball rolling

Cheers Aido. Yes it was very pleasing.

By the way I don't know your politics but I very much hope Northern Ireland will also leave the UK unite with Southern Ireland (both great countries) and increase trade with Scotland.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top