Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 12:28 PM

Re: Posts on B topic?

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
"Many don't post anywhere else and have made some rather superior observations about the rest of the forum so I doubt it very much."

I have nothing to comment on Brexit. But regarding your comment. People who think they are superior are often not. Check this....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect
Oh yeah! We have seen some examples in these threads, till the supervisor came to the rescue and removed the posts.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-09-2019, 05:35 PM

"Many don't post anywhere else and have made some rather superior observations about the rest of the forum so I doubt it very much."

I have nothing to comment on Brexit. But regarding your comment. People who think they are superior are often not. Check this....

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunnin...3Kruger_effect
Do you think Dunning & Kruger were suffering from this
effect Keezoy??

donkeyman! PS, correct me if lm wrong , but isnt it about
superiority and inferiority cmplexes??

Regards Donkeyman!
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 07:47 AM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Do you think Dunning & Kruger were suffering from this
effect Keezoy??

donkeyman! PS, correct me if lm wrong , but isnt it about
superiority and inferiority cmplexes??

Regards Donkeyman!
Answer 1. Haha I don't know them personally. So I wouldn't have a clue. They are psychologists who conducted experiments and enquiries based on the scientific method. THeir results should be repeatable and testable. Others can judge them personally.

Answer 2. No.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 02:09 PM

Answer 1. Haha I don't know them personally. So I wouldn't have a clue. They are psychologists who conducted experiments and enquiries based on the scientific method. THeir results should be repeatable and testable. Others can judge them personally.

Answer 2. No.
I had to decypher their findings KZ as l am only an amatuer
in phycology, but l find the subject interesting?
Perhaps you could enlighten me as to what conclusions they
came to?
I think they wrote it for the benefit of other phycologists?

Regards Donkeyman!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Perhaps we should stop them leaving?
Haha good one
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
Haha good one
That would only work with schizophrenics. One half of character wants to stay, the other half to leave.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-09-2019, 09:31 PM

I had to decypher their findings KZ as l am only an amatuer
in phycology, but l find the subject interesting?
Perhaps you could enlighten me as to what conclusions they
came to?
I think they wrote it for the benefit of other phycologists?

Regards Donkeyman!
Well mate, I suggest you start by reading the article on Wiki. -That's why I posted it - then if that's not enough, go to the bottom and read the references. This was just meant to be an aside to one comment made here and kind of grew on it's own. It's off topic really but that's my suggestion. And yes of course they wrote it to further the psychology knowledge base. Most research in all disciplines is carried out to contribute to the knowledge base of that particular profession. Everything from Lancet to the Plumbers journal.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

01-10-2019, 02:15 PM

Well mate, I suggest you start by reading the article on Wiki. -That's why I posted it - then if that's not enough, go to the bottom and read the references. This was just meant to be an aside to one comment made here and kind of grew on it's own. It's off topic really but that's my suggestion. And yes of course they wrote it to further the psychology knowledge base. Most research in all disciplines is carried out to contribute to the knowledge base of that particular profession. Everything from Lancet to the Plumbers journal.
I did read it KZ, But could not really take much info from it
due to the way it was written,perhaps l am particularly dense?
But l do believe you could have chosen a more comprehensible
article for your illustration??
Regards Donkeyman!
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands

01-10-2019, 02:51 PM

I did read it KZ, But could not really take much info from it
due to the way it was written,perhaps l am particularly dense?
But l do believe you could have chosen a more comprehensible
article for your illustration??
Regards Donkeyman!
Perhaps an example will help.
In the past the brits had an empire. They considered the indiginous people inferior to every brit. Now that empire has died.
Now the brits are an indiginous people part of a new conglomerate of countries. They still consider themselves superior to the other members. That's dunning-kruger.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom

01-10-2019, 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Perhaps an example will help.
In the past the brits had an empire. They considered the indiginous people inferior to every brit. Now that empire has died.
Now the brits are an indiginous people part of a new conglomerate of countries. They still consider themselves superior to the other members. That's dunning-kruger.
I think you should brush up your anthropology Solly? as you well
know we have been mongrels for centuries!
Donkeyman!

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top