Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Puddle Duck
Cheshire. UK
Puddle Duck is female  Puddle Duck has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 10:54 AM

An Image of Mental Health

I think this picture explains everything that so many suffer and maybe it helps us understand more. So much pain !

A mental patient in a psychotic state drew this only hours before taking his own life.

Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 11:30 AM

Re: An Image of Mental Health

A picture speaks a thousand words.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->
I think this picture explains everything that so many suffer and maybe it helps us understand more. So much pain !

A mental patient in a psychotic state drew this only hours before taking his own life.

I can;t see a picture
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by Puddle Duck ->

Scary!
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Scary!
why can't I see it?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 12:36 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
why can't I see it?
There's a face screaming. A very good drawing for somebody with mental health problems.
Bad hair day though.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 12:46 PM

I can only say that this is very powerful. You can see the anguish that this person was suffering. Some of you will know, mental health was a central part of most of my working life. This brings back some very sad memories. Some of the most amazing art I have ever seen has been done by people with mental illness. Especially people suffering from schizophrenia. Some of these people are extremely talented.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 01:01 PM

Brings to mind “The Scream”
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 01:18 PM

Artistic people do seem more susceptible to mental disorders.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 04:04 PM

If ever art said something, this does. It's a tragedy that it was created under such heavy circumstances.

When my daughter had her brain inflammation, her writing deteriorated in parallel with her ability to communicate to the point that she was writing like a toddler with a few barely legible letters - but her desire to write and draw (to be creative) skyrocketed.

So many times phenomenal music, writing, and visual arts are born out of neurological illness. There are several studies that show that the activity of certain brain structures look similar when people are creative when compared to the brains of people with brain injuries or illnesses.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top