Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 06:10 PM

do you just see or actually look?

Photography has taught me to look at and not just see.

I am not on about camera setting lens or anything technical, just how you look at things with the eye

Take for example this rose (oops been corrected camelia )

how would you describe it?

Nice pink colour only? anything else???

I ask myself

well what about the shape
or any marks on the petals
any petal out of shape or missing
how many leafs are behind it
is it best to take full on it to one side
are there any others on the background.
how does the light affect it

of course with a different shot you could notice height- position it is relative too etc

That is the difference between just seeing and actually looking. Took me ages to realise the difference when taking a photo and nearly miss this point entirely

It can make all the difference between a good photo and one that can be "erm to put politely" ordinary
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 06:45 PM

Re: do you just see or actually look?

When I actually look Realspeed, I see a camelia not a rose. A very pretty pink camelia.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
When I actually look Realspeed, I see a camelia not a rose. A very pretty pink camelia.
Just goes to show that never let me loose in a garden, flower out weeds in, thats me
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 07:03 PM

I see a camelia too .... I have three in my garden but they aren't flowering now!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I see a camelia too .... I have three in my garden but they aren't flowering now!

Same here, Mags. They are lovely, aren't they.
I've got 5, all different colours, but they won't flower till after Christmas.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 10:05 PM

When I look at your Camelia Realspeed I see an almost perfect flower in full bloom. It is just beginning to be past it's best, as evidenced by one of the petals beginning to darken a little, although It hasn't spoilt it and it was well worth concentrating on this one bloom and photographing it. I like how the centre of the camelia remains curled and that is perfect to my eyes. The leaves surrounding the flower are heavily veined and their perfect shape and intense colour offset the flower very well. I noticed that you have faded the other bud camelia as well as some of the leaves which enhances the flower you concentrated on. I think the bud/s might also have made an interesting photograph.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast

14-10-2019, 10:51 PM

Thank .you. The right lens helps
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-10-2019, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Photography has taught me to look at and not just see.

I am not on about camera setting lens or anything technical, just how you look at things with the eye

Take for example this rose (oops been corrected camelia )

how would you describe it?

Nice pink colour only? anything else???

I ask myself

well what about the shape
or any marks on the petals
any petal out of shape or missing
how many leafs are behind it
is it best to take full on it to one side
are there any others on the background.
how does the light affect it

of course with a different shot you could notice height- position it is relative too etc

That is the difference between just seeing and actually looking. Took me ages to realise the difference when taking a photo and nearly miss this point entirely

It can make all the difference between a good photo and one that can be "erm to put politely" ordinary
This beautiful Rose has many overlapping petals.
It has a tiny figure 7 in the center and many tints of pink,carmine cerise and orange too. Petals edged with cream and white
i can see 7 different shades of green in the petals.
An excellent photo, realspeed,

d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 07:59 AM

A rose by any other name.

BTW do you like my signature? I refers to my photo experiences.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-10-2019, 03:28 PM

It has taught me to look at things that could be an opportunity for an interesting image. The other thing That took me quite a while to appreciate is the opportunity the digital age brings. With my film camera there was an incremental cost to get each frame developed. So I was picky.

My current camera has a memory chip with about 30Gb capacity - and I have a spare......
Each frame is about 5Mb. I catalogue the frames by month. I could take about 400 shots every day each month. I do nowhere near that - I barely scratch the surface of one memory chip.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top