Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 04:51 PM

Sense Of Humour Bypass?

Do you know someone who appears to have no sense of humour?

I have one who does laugh at a good joke, but is incapable when it comes to telling said joke to others.

She even writes some of them down but, during the telling, either gets the punch line in the wrong place or forgets a key part of the story.

You might meet others who, on a SOH scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is "I don't get that" or 10, where they can laugh until tears stream down, just by watching Tommy Cooper not say a word!

I like the humour in this forum.

I believe it's important to get people through all the bad stuff.

Where will we be without it?

Or you might think otherwise?

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 04:56 PM

Re: Sense Of Humour Bypass?

I think it's very important to be able to have a laugh at least once/day and a damned good belly laugh every now and then to keep your sanity.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
You might meet others who, on a SOH scale of 1 to 10, where 1 is "I don't get that" or 10, where they can laugh until tears stream down, just by watching Tommy Cooper not say a word!
Oh yes. I don't know how he did it, but Tommy Cooper could have people (including myself) in stitches with just an appropriate expression! I think the funniest comedian I have ever seen.

And so sad that the poor chap died in that way. In fact the audience at the time fell about laughing, thinking that it was all an act.
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 05:12 PM

I have one who does laugh at a good joke, but is incapable when it comes to telling said joke to others.

She even writes some of them down but, during the telling, either gets the punch line in the wrong place or forgets a key part of the story.

No truer words said Ted.
I read somewhere long long ago that it only takes one tomato a day to make you smile. God knows if its true but I now have rosy cheeks and a clown like red nose or perhaps that is a Alex Ferguson nose and in the words of Mups a bright red pair of Dongles.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 05:15 PM

I don’t think you’re funny at all........
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 05:16 PM

Originally Posted by longfellow ->
No truer words said Ted.
I read somewhere long long ago that it only takes one tomato a day to make you smile. God knows if its true but I now have rosy cheeks and a clown like red nose or perhaps that is a Alex Ferguson nose and in the words of Mups a bright red pair of Dongles.
My doctor told me it only takes one tomato a day, every day, to give you kidney stones. That was when I had a kidney stone a couple of Christmases ago.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 05:17 PM

😂🤣😅....to Ted, joking!...
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
My doctor told me it only takes one tomato a day, every day, to give you kidney stones. That was when I had a kidney stone a couple of Christmases ago.
They were probably the seeds PV.

I had a kidney stone one time hell of a pain that was for a few days. Never heard about tomato's causing them though.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 05:36 PM

The lefty, Remainer, FBPE, ReJoin brigade on Twitter. A right miserable set of humourless bastards to be sure. They really must have no joy in their lives.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2021, 05:53 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
😂🤣😅....to Ted, joking!...
Oi!

Watch it!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top