Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 06:39 PM

Local elections

The Telegraph reported yesterday, that over 3,000 people have applied to be candidates for Nigel Farage's new political party to stand as candidates in May's local elections.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 06:45 PM

Re: Local elections

And what will this vanity project's aim be? I imagine the aggrandisement of its founder, like all his other narcissistic ventures.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 06:59 PM

His success has come about because of others failure.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Devo ->
And what will this vanity project's aim be? I imagine the aggrandisement of its founder, like all his other narcissistic ventures.
"Vanity project?"

No no no, this is to hold Boris's feet to the fire regarding Brexit.

As seen with Brexit, Nigel is a great strategist and truly excells at exploiting the dissatisfaction so many people felt.
Nothing is so certain that if Boris bodges Brexit, Nigel will be in the best possible position to take advantage and judging from the last election as well as Nigel's history of garnering support when needed he could well be the next PM.

I can't stand the bloke, but I do admire his abilities.
Devo
SW UK
Devo is male  Devo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 07:12 PM

How does this deeply annoying and completely barking multiple failure get so much media time? It cannot be anything to do with the following he enjoys because if that were the case he would have become an MP by now.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

14-11-2020, 07:17 PM

The Brexit Party did not contest the local elections last time, and both Conservatives and Labour lost seats.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK

14-11-2020, 07:36 PM

How does this deeply annoying and completely barking multiple failure get so much media time? It cannot be anything to do with the following he enjoys because if that were the case he would have become an MP by now.
A very successful failure. The FPTP system of voting has prevented him becoming an MP.

Brexit Party was largest in EU Parliament and won more seats than any other single political party in the EU. Voting for the European elections is the fairer system of proportional representation.

ETA

The most talked-about, feared and, arguably, influential non politician in the country.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 08:10 PM

"Multiple failure"?
No.
You're letting personal dislike cloud your judgement.

He did not and it seems still does not want to become an MP.
His sole stated aim was to see the UK leave the EU and he became an MEP to encourage Euroscepticism from within - and given how the populist parties inside the EU continue to increase their support it seems he had some success at that too.

He gets so much media time because he is the one man that enabled so many disenfranchised British people to get a definitive say on membership of the EU for the first time ever.

As a result some say he deserves a knighthood for that alone and in fact there was quite a rumour that this would happen in the last New Year Honours list.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 10:35 PM

Any political party representing Nigel Farage will most certainly get my vote, and all the members of my family too if they want to be included in my will... There's just nobody else in my opinion.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Any political party representing Nigel Farage will most certainly get my vote, and all the members of my family too if they want to be included in my will... There's just nobody else in my opinion.
I agree with you OGF,
Sadly there is nobody else to vote for?
Nigel has been in the position to capitalise on his popularity at
least twice?
And each time he has stepped back at the crucial moment?
There is nobody for us to vote for now!
I f Boris renages, as l expect him to, then we are stuck with Boris
or the tories and whatever they agree with Barmier for the next
4yrs!!!
I will be dead by then FFS!!

Donkeyman! 👎👎😟😟👎👎

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top