Join for free
Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
Mel15
Nowhere
Mel15 is female  Mel15 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 06:31 PM

Re: Do You Miss The Postman Not Delivering Letters On Bank Holidays?

I use the Pc as well

I used to have lovely hand writing but now I have no feeling in my hands, holding a pen is kind of beyond me

Also Im dyslexic so a keyboard was a saviour to me. No longer do I struggle to get my letters the right way around, keyboard does it for me
oldfool
london
oldfool is male  oldfool has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2018, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I know it’s a silly question but l think it’s always nice to receive a letter.... maybe not the bills though!

What about you, do you like receiving letters and miss not getting them on Bank Holidays?

wish the emails would stop on BH>
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
If it has their address on the envelope, I use permanent marker over my address and write return to sender on the envelope
It feels very satisfying to post them
I agree it is very satisfying but ultimately pointless because the PO don't charge to return mail to sender so it merely stresses an already stressed postal service even more and probably still ends up in the recycle bin.

These firms don't care at all. Like scam emails they rely on volume to bring in customers the odd few that return the mail is neither here nor there to them.
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 02:22 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
I agree it is very satisfying but ultimately pointless because the PO don't charge to return mail to sender so it merely stresses an already stressed postal service even more and probably still ends up in the recycle bin.

These firms don't care at all. Like scam emails they rely on volume to bring in customers the odd few that return the mail is neither here nor there to them.
Find out who the MDs are of these companies and send it all to their houses.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 05:50 AM

My letterbox the other side of the gate too but it's like a mini strong box set into stone and you can only access it from the back which is inside the gate....I think mines safe.
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 09:23 AM

I know it’s a silly question
I agree.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
I agree.

Maybe so, Mr Ploppy...but look how the thread has expanded. Members are now discussing how to deal with junk mail which is good, as it’s a nuisance.

Keep looking in, as there may be a discussion on meany postmen who strike out unfranked stamps with a pen. Or, there may be tips on how to remove unfranked stamps without ripping them!!

Discussions on the various aspects of the postal service can be vast, so tell us about the postal service in Australia!!
Mr Ploppy
Chatterbox
Perth Western Australia, 3rd house on the right
Mr Ploppy is male  Mr Ploppy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 10:02 AM

Again I agree. You got them talking again.

My wife talks to an on friend on the phone, for 1.5 to 2 hours every 2 days.
And of course they talk about how many letters they have received and how many letters they expect to receive in future and loads of other unimportant stuff.

So, to the postal service in Australia. I can't give you an overall picture.
I live to far away from town to enjoy delivery of letter and parcels.
That means I travel 15 km twice a week to pick up whatever is in my PO Box. It's no hardship, I like it that way. Being away from all the noise and commotion makes up for it.
I don't really think that, having no letters in my PO Box, on or after a Bank Holiday, will make me think of starting a thread like yours.
But all that doesn't mean that I don't like you.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Mr Ploppy ->
Again I agree. You got them talking again.

My wife talks to an on friend on the phone, for 1.5 to 2 hours every 2 days.
And of course they talk about how many letters they have received and how many letters they expect to receive in future and loads of other unimportant stuff.

So, to the postal service in Australia. I can't give you an overall picture.
I live to far away from town to enjoy delivery of letter and parcels.
That means I travel 15 km twice a week to pick up whatever is in my PO Box. It's no hardship, I like it that way. Being away from all the noise and commotion makes up for it.
I don't really think that, having no letters in my PO Box, on or after a Bank Holiday, will make me think of starting a thread like yours.
But all that doesn't mean that I don't like you.
Mr Ploppy, You’d think you’d have Royal Mail in Australia as you are part of the Commonwealth!
Whose head is on the Australian postage stamps?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-04-2018, 10:43 AM

Mr Ploppy, You’d think you’d have Royal Mail in Australia as you are part of the Commonwealth!
Whose head is on the Australian postage stamps?
Skippy.

Page 5 of 8 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top